Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New guy

Default New guy
    Hey guys I just purchased an iPhone. I love it but I do want to learn how to create my own ringtones and other mods. I will be honest and say that I am really not the best with computers and have never hacked into anything in my life. I work on my car and as complex as that it, I am sure that I can learn some of this as well. I do know that I have the 113 version right out of the box with at&t. I have been trying to see how I can jailbreak it so that I can start modding but I have not had any luck and have had to restore the phone a few times. I am running on a PC and have searched another forum but they were not willing to help me. A friend on my car forum suggested I try here so maybe someone can help me. I look forward to making some new friends here and learn as much as I can!

you should check out the guides part of the site (link below).

http://modmyi.com/wiki

Basically you need to downgrade your iphone to version 1.1.1 which lets you jailbreak it. then follow the guides to get you back up to 1.1.3 jailbroken.

once your iphone is jailbroken you can install 3rd party apps which can let you mod your iphone

I will try this out, thanks!