Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with downgrading and upgrading

Default Problems with downgrading and upgrading
    Hi all,

I got some huge problems with my Iphone. Let me explain to you all what happend.

- I upgraden my firmware using Itunes to 2.0.2
    - After that was done i hacked it using QuickPWN and everything went well. The phone did a reboot and i updated everything.
    - The last piece of the upgrade was updaten my Bootneuter. The problem is that while flashing everything my phone got his Screen Locked.

Right about now the phone wont boot anymore and i cant restoren version 2.0.x (1604 error). I read something about a corrupt Baseband so i tried to restore version 1.1.1 to get a new Baseband in that firmware.

The problem is that this firmware will give a 1012 error.

I dont know what to do next. Someone told me that my Baseband could be corrupted or my Bootloader.

Hope someone can help me getting this fixed

when it gave u the 1604 error , was your iphone at recovery(itunes icon and a cable) , because if it is try using ziphone to kick it out of recovery mode.i did it and it worked. i had the same situation but with 2.01 to 2.0 fm

I had a 1604 error when I was upgrading. All it was, I had my iphone in Recovery mode (pic shows cable and itunes logo), it's meant to be put into dfu mode. Which is a totally black screen, as if it was off. This solved the error for me, hope it is as easy for you too...good luck

Nothing worked at all. These are the things i tried

Restoring in just DFU as Recovery Mode
    - Restoring to 1.1.1
    - Restoring to 1.1.3
    - Restoring to 1.1.4
    - Restoring to custom 2.0 and 2.0 default

Nothing worked. I used Iliberty but he cant kick my phone out of Recovery mode :S