Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, Stuck on the apple

Default Help, Stuck on the apple
    I have an iphone I was keeping at 1.0.2 jailbreak. Decided to upgrade to 1.1.3. So I went slowly through the steps of upgrading to 1.1.1 then jailbreaking (all upgrades where done by doing a shift + upgrade with itunes 7.4 and using the firmware downloaded from modmyi). I jailbreaked the 1.1.1 going to jailbreakme.com and doing through the web. NO problems. Then upgraded to 1.1.2, jailbreaking by using 1.1.2-jailbreak.zip package (used the batch file since I am running windows). That worked fine also. I then used the installer to install bsd substystem. Then also installed the iJailbreakMobile v1.1.2. Ran it, watched as it downloaded the 160M file. Everything looked good then when it went to reboot the apple logo came up and hit as frozen there. Everyonce and awhile it will flash off go black screen and then come back on to the logo. I can not see the phone with itunes, ibrickr, or any other programs I have.

Help please! What would be my best course of action? Get it into recovery and go back to 1.1.2? Will I lose all my data? Is there another way to access the iphone?

All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

hey, i have having the exact same problem!
    except i was trying to soft update from 1.1.2jailbroken to 1.1.3 via dev team's soft update.

now, my iphone tries to boot up, shows the apple logo, then repeats itself, going blank then showing the apple logo again continously!

when you find out ANY INFORMATION on how to fix this, please PM me or post in my post, i'll do the same for you!

WE NEED HELP!

except i was trying to soft update from 1.1.2jailbroken to 1.1.3 via dev team's soft update.

now, my iphone tries to boot up, shows the apple logo, then repeats itself, going blank then showing the apple logo again continously!

when you find out ANY INFORMATION on how to fix this, please PM me or post in my post, i'll do the same for you!

WE NEED HELP!

WE NEED HELP!
    Last edited by yomino; 2008-02-09 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just try to do something..or let it sit for awhile...it will get back...do not worry...had that,done that

After waiting for awhile I bit the bullet and restored to 1.1.1, and started over. Worked my way back up to 1.1.3 using jailbreakmobile. Got it to boot up and work, normal phone, txt, etc... Have been able to load some apps. But others don't seem to load or when they load don't, work. Not sure if that is due to having problems jailbreaking or just due to 1.1.3.

When I restored, itunes asked if I wanted to set as a new phone or reinstall back up from the sync on 2-7-08. I thought I wasn't going to lose any data but when it restored it all the info in the phone was back from early december. Any texts, contacts, email accounts, etc... after that time was gone. That kinda sucked but at least I didn't lose it all.