Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Screen Problem

Default iPhone Screen Problem
    HI all. I recently dropped my iphone and since then the entire screen has been unresponsive. THe phone itelf seems to be working perfectly and I can answer calls using the headphones and mic. However, thats where its use ends ! I know some people have complained about dead strips on their screen, but its my whole screen thats effected. I have an Unlocked 1.0.2 phone and dont live in the US so The Apple Store isnt really an option. So far have tried multiple resets. I havent tried restoring the iPhone because I do not want to end up bricking the phone too !
    If anyone can help at all it would be much appreciated.
    Many Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I might be a dislodged data ribbon inside. I would suggest (at your own risk) to learn how to take apart the iphone with the right tools and then inspect reseat all the different data ribbons inside. They are capable of dislodging if enough force is applied at the right degree. Search under this forum for "Dead Iphone" or look at some photos inside the iphone to see what I mean. The data ribbons are clearly noted as being the ribbons that are orange.