Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Okay, what gives?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Okay, what gives?
    Okay, so I called up Apple and told them about my vibrate problem, it has recently stopped vibrating. I pay for the loaner phone, they send it out, I send mine in. Then they just sent mine back saying that it has been modified and the warranty is void.

I restored the phone twice. I sent it in with it being on the activation screen. I got it back on the activation screen. Is there any way they can know that it was hacked? I started on 1.0.2 and jailbroke every version through 1.1.3. I restored it to 1.1.3 and never activated it again, just sent it along. What are they going off of?

Thanks

You haven't unlocked it ever right?

Thanks

hey hurley, when you restored the phone did you also downgrade/revirginize the baseband?? that would be the only thing i can think of.

if you unlocked the phone, the process modifies the baseband -( i assume. correct me if im wrong.)

khil
    Last edited by khil; 2008-02-08 at 06:20 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh, sorry, no it's still and has always been AT&T locked. I'm about to call them and ***** about it, I'll let everyone know what they say.

Okay, I called today and the guy doesn't know exactly what the issue with my phone was, but after reading what I got to him, he believes it was returned to me because it is damaged. It really isn't bad, there is one corner that has a little ding in it, but this can't be the only reason. What should I do? Should I take off the cover and pound out the ding and get it reevaluated? Why should the fate of my phone rest with a guy that I don't even know that might have just had a bad day and unjustly denied service on many phones that day?

I still have 5 days on the loaner phone...
    Last edited by Hurley; 2008-02-08 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Update:

I called 800- myiphone again today. I asked into it a little more and they told me my warranty has expired! Then they tried to sell me the extended service plan. I kept asking questions and they said something about my IMEI number. It then dawned on me that the phone I have now is not my original phone. I bought mine on iDay, a 4 gig. Then in Sept. my wife bought an 8 gig and we switched. When i did this did it not reflect so in my account? Do they think I have a stolen phone or something? I have to wait till Monday to talk to Apple Agreement Center.

Has anyone else done this? Switched phones with someone, and sent it in for warranty service?