Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to backup my iPhone as soon as possible?

Default how to backup my iPhone as soon as possible?
    Hey guys,

i am in hospital for one week now and i have to stay for another 2
    On the second day i installed 2 programs with cydia and the damn iPhone crashed, it returned to springboard, i tried starting an app, but it crashes back. i rebooted my iPhone and now it stuck at the apple logo, but no spinning wheel of death. i have had the problem in the past. No app could be started because the fonts or the link to the fonts were missing. i am not able to access the iPhone with winSCP over wlan to check out what happened. but i really need the device.

first question: is there a method to solve the problem and get the normal iPhone back?

second question, if not: how can i backup all the data on the iPhone? The sms database and so on is stored in itunes, right? If so, my last sync is just a week ago. What about the photos, the settings, the apps, the music and so on?

What should i do now? I have a passcode lock on the iPhone, what would mean, that i won't be able to make a never backup with itunes, right?

I created a link to the big partition /var/mobile/... with the Application folder. I heard, that only the root partition with the OS will be formatted, when i restore. is that true?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for some mistakes , but the pc here is a very annonying one

Bye

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

uh. try a dfu mode and hope ssh is turned on by default, to try and solve ur prob.

as for sms i do not think they get backed up anywhere.. sry but i may be wrong

also you can still sync ur phone even if it is password locked if you can get it turned back on..

hope something i said will help u out good luck and good luck with hospital
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!