Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 no service half the time on startup???????????????????

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 1.1.3 no service half the time on startup???????????????????
    about 1/2 to 1/3 of the time when i am turning my phone off then back on again i have no service at all.

i am on 1.1.3 jailbroken dev team method with a legit AT&T contract. i read somewhere there is a 1.1.3 edge fix in installer but i dont see it there. its really frusterating and the only way i can get service back is to keep turning the phone off then back on again until it shows up.

dos anybody have any ideas or help?????????????????

edit

the only fix is to do a head shutdown or hold both power and home buttons until the phone shuts off then turn it back on and wait about the 3x longer for it to boot then i get service or atleast thats hat i just tried.....
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-07 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

I've noticed that too, at first but nowhere as frequent as you seem to have the problem. Mine hasn't acted up in the past week or so. I could almost always fix mine by turning on Airplane mode, wait about 15 seconds and then turn it off.

I am running the Dev Team jb 1.1.3-3, how about you? I mean which version of the Dev Team did you use? What other changes have you made? Did you relocate any folders to free up space?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I've noticed that too, at first but nowhere as frequent as you seem to have the problem. Mine hasn't acted up in the past week or so. I could almost always fix mine by turning on Airplane mode, wait about 15 seconds and then turn it off.

I am running the Dev Team jb 1.1.3-3, how about you? I mean which version of the Dev Team did you use? What other changes have you made? Did you relocate any folders to free up space?
    Its only when i turn off my phone, which is normally i downloaded something from installer or im just moding whatever, i havnt tried the airplane mode thing, but i will give it a try next time it happens.

I am running 1.1.3-3 the last few days with the same problem but i was running 1.1.3-1 before hand with the same thing. There were no changes along the way that would have made it start, and i have just relocated fonts and ringtones, im not sure if i want to relocate applications i dont know what all that really does and if there is any repercussions. would you suggest moving applications with bosstools?

its not that big of a deal to me if a hard reset (Holding Home + Power) or the airplan mode but i just didnt know if there was a fix or anything.

thanks for responding btw!!

hmm i tried your method of doing the airplane mode for like 30 seconds then turning it back off and it didnt work , but i just did another hard reset (home and power) and it didnt work this time either ... ****

edit again doing the airplane mode multiple times finally worked...

edit again doing the airplane mode multiple times finally worked...
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-08 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D