Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G internet problems

Default iphone 3G internet problems
    ever since i got the phone with firmware 2.0. i've had internet access issues on 3G and edge. Wifi is fine.
    i've upgraded to 2.0.2 reluctantly but the issue is still there.
    im in canada/montreal with Fido .
    what happens is the the internet stops working for no reason.ill go to the browser and the blue bar will stay there and no page will load.
    at this point, weather,stocks,mail,maps or whatever will not access the network.i have fill bars with 3g.
    and then ill go back to the phone lets say about 5 min later and it would be working then.
    this has been happening since day 1. resetting settings,netwok settings, rebooting, nothing seem to fix the issue sometimes and sometimes it does.
    its quite random....anyone else seen this kind of behaviour.
    also i've noticed that sometimes weather and maps would not work. Ill go to safari and that would be working.so i would go back to maps and it would no download anything. I would locate me through GPS but the map would be blank..LOL
    im getting my phone replaced but i dont know if that will fix it??anyone has nay thoughts?

It might be a defective modem : /
    If restoring the iphone doesnt help i really dont know..

i hope so!! LOL
    i will try out the replacement phone once i get it and see if i still have problems. That would mean the darn network is to blame!!

my 3g iphone is doing the same. i have an appointment in 2 days with apple.