Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very Confusing On What Do First, Please Help

Unhappy Very Confusing On What Do First, Please Help
    Hello,

First I want to say that this forum is great...it has lots of good solid info and lots of help.

Second, I'm a big fan of trying to find the information I need myself, rather then ask for help. Alot of people are very quick to ask for direction without looking around to see if they can find it.

However...I have spent 3 days reading ALOT of info from many websites on unlocking the Iphone and there is so much mix match stuff out there. When I had to mod my PEBL Moto phone, there was just one program you could use and that was it.

Dont get me wrong....there is alot of great sticky tuts out there but it seems like some of it is old and will not work with the new iphones.

So....can someone please try and take the time to explain what I should look for or do. I want to be able to use tmobile and then after I have that done, then I would like to be able to mod the phone with etc.

Info on my phone:
    Iphone 3G
    Soft 2.0.1 (5B108)
    Model Firmware 01.48.02
    Model MB499L

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jo

there is no unlock for the 3g, only a jailbreak. so you will have to download winpwn or pwnage (depending on what OS your computer is. after that, its all about tweaking everyting to your liking

----------------
    Now playing: The Game - Game's Pain (feat. Keyshia Cole)

Hello and thank you helping out.

Is there a way to unlock the phone if I downgrade the software/firmware or etc...or there is nothing I could do but wait for a hack to come out???

Also if the only thing I can do is jailbreak it....and once I do it, will all the stuff I did be lost when I finally am able to unlock it???

Thanks
    Jo