Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wierd Issue...Any suggestions

Default Wierd Issue...Any suggestions
    i've got somewhat of a wierd issue going on.

a little background info - original 1.0.2 iphone, updated to 1.1.1-->1.1.2-->1.1.3, all verisions unlocked. had some wifi issues on 1.1.3 so i went back to 1.1.1 whcih is where i currently am unlocked.

Wifi connects and works prefectly. if i go outside of a wifi area or turn wifi off in settings, the phone will lose phone service and show no service for 5 seconds then shows up with phone service and with edge icon. I'm on t-mobile and i've installed the T-Zones hack and edge settings fix. im not sure what to do here. its not that big of a deal but a little annoying and my edge doesnt work.

if i stay on edge each time i try to connect to safari or mail or you tube it says safari can not open the page because it cant find the server, could not activate edge and then i lose phone service for 5-10 seconds and then the phone service comes back.

Thanks in advance for any advice

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the edge fix and t-zones hack and also reset network settings. neither worked

also each time the phone autolocks and goes to the lock screen. i believe it stays on wifi and phone service but when i slide to unlock and get back to my springboard, the phone will switch to edge and and then lose phone service. once wifi is detected again the phone service is restored
    Last edited by anpass34; 2008-02-07 at 01:26 AM. Reason: more info