Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am desperate for help.. Dock Prefs / Poof / ssh PLEASE????

Default I am desperate for help.. Dock Prefs / Poof / ssh PLEASE????
    So I just downloaded the new release of Dock Prefs on Cydia (I am running a 2.0 on a 3g iPhone)...

Dock prefs looked to be a really cool app..

So I set it up with all my different apps in different catagories, etc..

I then went into "Poof" within BossPrefs...

I hid pretty much everything except Safari, Phone, iPod, SMS, and Dock Prefs....

You see.. I was thinking I would have a Very clean home screen.... then use Dock Prefs to launch everything...

Well.. after hiding everything... I found out that Dock prefs won't let you see / access "hidden" apps (hidden using poof).. so now.... I can't get back into BossPrefs to UN-hide apps...

To make matters worse... my SSH happened to be turned off (again using BossPrefs).. so I can't SSH into the iPhone to launch boss prefs..

What can I do???? please help??? please.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

LOL, that's a good one. Boss should make it to where you can't poof - poof.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    LOL, that's a good one. Boss should make it to where you can't poof - poof.
    I know right??!!!!

So what can I do?? anything???? I was thinking I could just access BossPrefs (and everything else) for the DockPrefs app... but noooooo.

So any ideas???

Restore. This will fix everything. First do a backup in itunes so that your apps (from the appstore) are not lost. Then (mac) Option+click restore (pc) Shift+click Restore and pick your custom firmware. Your back in the game.

I tired this and it did not work. I can access my phone still through SSH however on a windows machine. I have tried deleting the dock app and the bossprefs app. Now those are gone but I still only have my 4 home buttons. Any ideas as to what I can edit with SSH, I really don't want to restore, even though I tried and it didn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem
    I did the EXACT same thing...lol.

The restore didn't even work. I'm now trying to re-jailbreak in hopes that Cydia is magically "unhidden" and I can reinstall openssh or bossprefs and fix it.

Other than that, I think I might be screwed. Has anyone else had any ideas to fix this?

Fixed it finally. I ended up rebooting in the DFU mode, and restoring from there. Seemed to do the trick. Jaillbreaking now to install ssh and see if there's any old stuff lying around.
    Last edited by WTVamp; 2008-08-20 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i did that once, i read a you can install app launcher from cydia, to launch poof.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did the same thing, and i've got a sollution

Get into you're iPhone using ssh, or, if you've disabled that, you can use Total Commander, with the t-pot plugin, then navigate to the applications folder and to bossprefs, here you open the info.plist file and find a fragment saying "<string>hidden</string>, delete thia and reboot you're phone, and BOOM bossprefs (and poof in it) is on the springboard.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spjer For This Useful Post:

ajacob24 (2008-10-01), ayfonkoito (2008-09-05)

spjer,

Quote Originally Posted by spjer View Post
    Did the same thing, and i've got a sollution

Get into you're iPhone using ssh, or, if you've disabled that, you can use Total Commander, with the t-pot plugin, then navigate to the applications folder and to bossprefs, here you open the info.plist file and find a fragment saying "<string>hidden</string>, delete thia and reboot you're phone, and BOOM bossprefs (and poof in it) is on the springboard.
    You have been thanked. You also saved me medical bills from the heart attack you prevented!
    Check out fresh tee's from T.O.
    Dam'd Apparel