Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked phone upgrading to 1.1.3?

Unhappy Bricked phone upgrading to 1.1.3?
    Had a perfectly fine 1.1.1 phone and decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 (so many posts seem to start this way). Got through all the steps to get it to 1.1.2 then after getting to the anySim step in upgrading to 1.1.3 I answered "no" to the hactivision and now it's stuck (bricked?).

However I got here, the problem is: the phone is stuck on the screen with the cord pointing to the iTunes logo. iTunes will not update the phone at all. I've tried restoring to all previous versions, and I get various errors that I can't find help for (error 1, 9, etc), none of the "good" error numbers that are supposed to be expected. Booting the phone in iBrickr 91 turns it green (can't get it to red). I can't downgrade. At one point many hours ago I was able to get the phone to the "emergency call" screen, but I could never get it to show a "contacts" page when calling the phone itself. Now there's no getting back to that screen. DFU does nothing.

Is this what a bricked iPhone is? And if so, I'm assuming there's nothing to do except toss it out a balcony?

Two wasted days scouring the net and trying everything I can find. ANY help (even if it's: "you're screwed.... give up kid" ) would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersh View Post
    Had a perfectly fine 1.1.1 phone and decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 (so many posts seem to start this way). Got through all the steps to get it to 1.1.2 then after getting to the anySim step in upgrading to 1.1.3 I answered "no" to the hactivision and now it's stuck (bricked?).

However I got here, the problem is: the phone is stuck on the screen with the cord pointing to the iTunes logo. iTunes will not update the phone at all. I've tried restoring to all previous versions, and I get various errors that I can't find help for (error 1, 9, etc), none of the "good" error numbers that are supposed to be expected. Booting the phone in iBrickr 91 turns it green (can't get it to red). I can't downgrade. At one point many hours ago I was able to get the phone to the "emergency call" screen, but I could never get it to show a "contacts" page when calling the phone itself. Now there's no getting back to that screen. DFU does nothing.

Is this what a bricked iPhone is? And if so, I'm assuming there's nothing to do except toss it out a balcony?

Two wasted days scouring the net and trying everything I can find. ANY help (even if it's: "you're screwed.... give up kid" ) would be greatly appreciated.
    So from my understanding you are using and unlocked fone?
    if this is this case then you should say yes to the hactivision because itunes will not activate your 1.1.3 unless your an AT&T customer. i had this issue but im an ATT customer so i just re-activated my phone and it worked. So i would suggest rejailbreaking and saying yes to the hactivision.

so basically use the DFU mode downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak and start from there.

GoodLuck
    Corey