Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G with Exchange Push - Large Inbox - Big Problems

Default 3G with Exchange Push - Large Inbox - Big Problems
    One of the users in my office got a nice shiny new IPhone 3G. He was very excited to get it working with his Exchange server. Set up went without a hitch.

He left the settings at default of the last 3 days worth of messages and left the push feature enabled. He has 7700 messages in his inbox.

After getting the configuration done, he experienced the following issues:

Terrible battery life (3G and WiFi off, no bluetooth)...we are talking <4 hours.
    Most calls (>80%) go to voice mail.

He troubleshot the issue with AT&T and eventually got a new iPhone...only to have the same problem.

On a whim, he moved messages out of his inbox so that there are about 200 instead of 7700. The issue has now been resolved, for the most part (it has only been about a day).

Anyone else noticed this issue? How do we tell Apple about it?

Default thay know about it
    Quote Originally Posted by ledname View Post

Anyone else noticed this issue? How do we tell Apple about it?
    iPodNN | New iPhone 2.1b4 beta removes push notification

They know about it and will fix it? How do you know they know we know?

Thanks

this is only a beta version, and may not reflect the actual firmware whatsoever, therefore, doesnt mean anything right now really, or until a beta or 2 more are released.

i must say, i had problems with my iphone reception wise, then started exchange spush sync and started to get exact symptons.

calls coming as missed without phone ringing, calls going straight to answer phone, calls not being registered by phone etc etc.

took it back to apple and guy said it was weird, and then gave me a new one and said nothing more.

if they honestly are removing push completely, then they fail. this phone will never be a serious business contender without this.

i hope they have removed this temporarily whiulst fixing it, as opposed to actually kicking it out altogether.

thanks for this thread though, it finally lets me know im not alone with this and tells me why exactly it was happening.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

I don't think they are removing Exchange Push from the next version. I think the push notification that has been referred to in the link posted by reeko was a feature that would have allowed app developers to alert users to events with some kind of pop-up ala Exchange Push. My guess is Exchange push is not going anywhere.

This goes back to LedDuck's question....how do we know Apple knows? Does someone have a link to a site with known issues?