Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About to through my 3G out the window...! (warning, this is a rant)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default About to through my 3G out the window...! (warning, this is a rant)
    I am so fed up with this crap. I've had my 3G since launch day, and the text lag while sending SMS has been driving me crazy. At first I said, OK, don't sweat it. It will be fixed with 2.0.1.

So then 2.0.1 rolls around. Hurray! I quickly upgrade to 2.0.1, and guess what, text lag is still present! I say OK... maybe I'll try RESTORING instead of upgrading. So I do, and viola! Text lag gone! I was happy as a clam for about 24 hours, and then, out of nowhere, text lag while using SMS is back. ****.

Today while I was traveling, I go to write a quick little e-mail, and much to my surprise, the keyboard lagged while writing e-mail as well!!! WTF?? A new problem!!

So now I have a bloody iPhone, the Jesus of all phones, that can't send e-mail or even text messages!!! EVERYBODY I KNOW WHO HAS AN IPHONE IS HAVING THIS RIDICULOUS KEYBOARD LAG PROBLEM!!!

How can Apple get away with this?? Because they have the iPhone. People are so in love with the way it looks and feels, it doesn't really matter if it works.

Before I get flamed to hell over this post, think about this: Can anybody imagine what would happen to RIM if they released the Blackberry Bold, and when you tried to use the keyboard, there was a 1 second delay between each character on the screen? All the Crackberry addicts out there would go nuts, and RIM stock would fall like a brick. But Apple releases this sexy piece of hardware with beta firmware on it, and people flock to the stores to buy it...

ARG!

P.S. - Please, nobody tell me to "try restoring your phone one more time..." I bought this phone so that it could serve me, not so that I could spend hours of my free time ****ing around with the thing to make it work!
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Then sell it and be gone, you're obviously not able to work your phone properly. Another person who is using too many resources and hogging memory then ******** at apple for it.

Next time you are in a program and it lags home the home button until it flashes the program. That's your freebie...................

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I knew that was the kind of response I was going to get.

I am TRYING to LIKE this phone! And to clarify, I'm not talking about lag in PROGRAMS, I'm talking about keyboard lag while typing. That's it. Hitting the home button doesn't do anything... Restoring doesn't fix the problem. There are LOTS of people on this forum having the same problem. Do none of us know how to "work our phones properly?" Or is there just a widespread problem?
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

have you tried upgrading to 2.0.2 I too had the lag you are talking about it seems to be better with 2.0.2 .....it hasnt been 24 hours yet....but yea...worth a try
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->

I will give you 10$ for it.............

iPhone? More like MyPhone SLapp's Avatar
    Thanks

when my text lags i just hit the home button then go back into sms and it works fine , Im using 2.0.1 jailbroke