Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with bricked iphone

Exclamation Help with bricked iphone
    Hi:

I have a week 48 iphone which I had downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken, restored to 1.1.2 then installed nextsim and I did not know about iworld app so when phone did not work, I went back and ran anysim (yeah I know how stupid), I think it damaged my baseband, because after that I cannot do any restore to any firmware, I;ve tried 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 and I get error message 1604, I got one 2005 and now I am getting (1). After your phone cannot be restored. IBrick says it cannot boot.

Please help there must be a way to get my phone out the constant recover mode is on.

jotams

Does your itunes tell you anything when you plug in your iphone to your PC/Mac??

Try doing a shift-restore to 1.1.3 in itunes. That might solve your problem. But realize that with your bootloader (assuming you have 4.6) you're going to have a real hard time jailbreaking 1.1.3 as well as unlocking

yes, it does see it and tells me that it needs to be restored so I use the shift key to get the 1.1.1 from file since I am afraid to let itunes put 1.1.3 and then I would not be able to jailbreak or use my nextsim, it seems to be restoring but then it gives me one of the following errors (1605) (2005) or (1) and unable to restore the phone.

Also I use iBrickr to put phone in DFU mode and then try to use itunes but at that point Itunes stops seeing the phone.

Thanks for any help!
    jotams

Done finally got out of it, now I need to find iworld so I can make calls

jotams

all is well except my country Dominican Republic is not listed in iworld so I still cannot make calls. is there anyway to fix this?

jotams
    Last edited by jotams; 2008-02-06 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jotams View Post
    yes, it does see it and tells me that it needs to be restored so I use the shift key to get the 1.1.1 from file since I am afraid to let itunes put 1.1.3 and then I would not be able to jailbreak or use my nextsim, it seems to be restoring but then it gives me one of the following errors (1605) (2005) or (1) and unable to restore the phone.

Also I use iBrickr to put phone in DFU mode and then try to use itunes but at that point Itunes stops seeing the phone.

Thanks for any help!
    jotams

Done finally got out of it, now I need to find iworld so I can make calls

jotams

all is well except my country Dominican Republic is not listed in iworld so I still cannot make calls. is there anyway to fix this?

jotams
    here is my suggestion.
    restore your fone to stock 1.1.3
    once you have done this boot into the DFU Mode.
    then restore back to 1.1.1
    start from scratch and work your way up.

BTW
    DFU Restore: While the phone is on, hold down the Power and Home buttons untill the phone reboots. Once the phone reboots, let go of the Power button and continue to hold down the Home button. Keep holding the Home button down untill the screen is completely black and iTunes recognizes a phone in restore mode. If there is anything on the screen of your iPhone, you are in Restore mode, not DFU Restore mode.

Here is a good guide on how to do this.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

Good luck.