Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 1604 error

Default iphone 1604 error
    I have a problem with a friends iPhone 1st gen. The issues is when i try to restore the iphone to either 2.0 or 2.0.1 it starts to get the phone ready for restore and when it is about to start to install the firmware i get the 1604 error. I have tried a couple of times i get the same error. I have put the phone in DFU but same issue occurs. If there is anyone can help would gladly appreciate any help.

put phone in dfu mode, load the firmware that comes with itunes, not the custom one. let it install on ur iphone. after this is done u have the latest firmware on ur iphone, but it is not inlocked. go thru same process as b4, except this time load ur custom firmware. u should see the image come on ur iphone that u loaded with ur custom firmware. hope this helps, gl!

I have the same problem but i get it in DFU and it restore ok but gets stuck on verifying software?? any help??

I did try to restore it with a normal non custom firmware but again it starts to verify my firmware and just when its about to install it gives me same 1604 error.

have you tried using recovery mode instead of dfu mode. I got a 1600 error when using dfu but worked fine in Recovery mode

I have solved my problem. I tried everything using my mac then i thought that I might use my brothers laptop which has windows xp on it and then installed itunes 7.5 and then placed the phone in dfu/recovery mode and i managed to restore the iphone to 1.1.4. After that i switched back to my mac and restored the phone with custom 2.0.1 firmware and its working perfectly.
    Hopefully this might help people with a similar problem.