Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: should i take my itunes activ 1.13 to genius bar for "no signal"

Default should i take my itunes activ 1.13 to genius bar for "no signal"
    i was one of the idiots who upgraded thier 1.12 OTB to 1.13 with itunes. i am a att user, but non-iphone att. I can use the guide to JB 1.13 for att users, and get to the part where 1.13 is loaded and getting no service with my sim. Should i take that to apple saying that this isn't working, hoping to get a new phone from them? What do u guys think,

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, you can always try, but the odds are not in your favor. They will be able to see right away that you are on the 1.1.3 firmware and they purposely "broke" the signal like that to try and weed out non-iTunes activated phones.

Chances are they are just going to make you get the iPhone data package and activate through iTunes.

Well, you can always try, but the odds are not in your favor. They will be able to see right away that you are on the 1.1.3 firmware and they purposely "broke" the signal like that to try and weed out non-iTunes activated phones.

Chances are they are just going to make you get the iPhone data package and activate through iTunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

And of course they probably won't do a thing if they see the Installer App or anything indicating a jailbreak. I've replied to several posts for people who are in the same situation as me, and right now we're all pretty well much up a creek without a paddle until the SDK comes out. Rumor has it the Dev Team has a "proper jailbreak" which may solve the no signal issue but will not release it until after the SDK is released. It's likely that they just don't want Apple to find out how they did it until after the SDK is out and it's too late for Apple to go back and try to patch whatever they are exploiting.

Really, if are using 1.1.2 OTB updated to 1.1.3 through iTunes OR you have 1.1.3 OTB you are simply out of luck for a week or two yet.
    Last edited by navalynt; 2008-02-05 at 11:34 PM.

well i would remove installer of course. but yea, you're right. my worst fear is that they will void my warranty.

activate using new at&t line then cancel at&t after a day or so you will have your phone and a canceled new at&t account
    95% it will work