Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone with no sim

Talking iPhone with no sim
    I have a first gen iPhone that I used to use as my phone but it now doesnt work so well and I updated it today using winpwn and am now running 2.0.1. I dont have my sim in it because i'm using another phone. I have wireless in my house and i want to just use my iphone as an ipod and to get on the internet. i have it connected to my wireless and it has full bars up on top but when i go into safari it tells me its not connected to the internet. Is there a way I can use my iPhone to get on the internet without having a sim in it and not have to pay AT&T charges?

Make sure that you are connected to your wireless router. Go into settings under wifi and pick your wifi. Then you should be able to navigate the internet. Wifi is free and does not belong to any cell phone providers. Look around in other forums also to ensure that you have done everything properly.

i am connected to my own wifi but i still can't browse the internet. i get the error saying that its not connected to the internet when i try to use safari or anything else

i have the same problem any luck?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

can you browse the web while connected to wifi?

*Reset your network settings
    *Forget this network
    *Renew lease
    *If none of those do not solve your issue,reboot&reset your router...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try another wifi network too