Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think I may have bricked it - rolling Unix code on screen

Question Think I may have bricked it - rolling Unix code on screen
    I say 'I' but I mean 'future wife'. Basically I unlocked/cracked a US phone around 6 months ago and have been using in the UK - happy days.

Then 9 days ago I found it connected to my Mac and the good lady had upgraded iTunes.....there should be helplines for such situations.

What I now have is an iPhone which shows scrolling Unix code (bloody quick scrolling) for about 10 seconds, it then turns itself off and then on again to start scrolling Unix.

Any advice would be great, I cannot conduct a reboot and have a horrible feeling that it will need to strip apart to enable any functionality.

Help, I am desperate, I am back on the work Blackberry!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you tried DFU mode? Or perhaps a hammer around your soon to be's head?

DFU mode.....'Don't Fu#king Upgrade'??, not sure what that mode is?

And no to the latter, there are some silly laws in this country!

aww.... she is so thoughful!

try holding the sleep/wake button and home screen for about 10 seconds, then take finger off the sleep/wake button, but keep holding the home button till itunes says it needs to restore!

see if that puts it in the restore mode

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jjaenagle For This Useful Post:

DunkstaFunksta (2008-02-06)

you know the term " rule of thumb" came from the laws of that silly country. And the "rule of thumb" actually pertains to your situation. The " rule of thumb" is that if your wifes is disobedient or so, you can beat her, but it cant be with anything thicker than your thumb. In this particular case, i think it would be worth it to hit your thumb with a hammer to increase your size limits. Or hell, just beat her with your thumbs to be safe.

1.Unplug your phone from the usb cable and make sure phone is powered off.
    2.Hold the home button while its off.
    3.While holding the Home button, connect the cable. The phone should power on.
    4.Keep holding the Home button.
    5.The Connect to iTunes image should come up.
    6. Congrats, you in recovery mode.
    7. Do a complete restore.
    Last edited by dsgalit; 2008-02-05 at 06:16 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dsgalit For This Useful Post:

DunkstaFunksta (2008-02-06)

Thanks everyone for the useful advice - the Home/Connect/Home option worked and now need to unlock again....progress

Thanks also for the advice on 'rule of thumb' but unfortunately that is a common mistake - it actually comes from carpenters who used the nail-to-knuckle as a simple measurement of an 'inch'.

So I can't legally beat her, however her valentines flowers may be dug up from the neighbours garden this year.