Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restore file error need help!!!!!!!!!!

Default restore file error need help!!!!!!!!!!
    i was at 1.1.3, synced phone to save numbers. downgraded to 1.1.1 tried to restore numbers and it says restore file curupt. i need help to try to get all contacts back. if i go to edit,prefrences in itunes the restore file is gone

Have u tried getting a new 1.1.1 firmware file or goin from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 then 1.1.1 I would suggest that but I never upgraded to 1.1.3 cuz its to unstable for me I wish u the best of luck though try goin from top to bottom as far as firmware and use I ibrickr when u reached 1.1.1 if it goes through you should test seeing if you can get to 1.1.2 first I use ibrickr 0.91

Quote Originally Posted by shanks View Post
    Have u tried getting a new 1.1.1 firmware file or goin from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 then 1.1.1 I would suggest that but I never upgraded to 1.1.3 cuz its to unstable for me I wish u the best of luck though try goin from top to bottom as far as firmware and use I ibrickr when u reached 1.1.1 if it goes through you should test seeing if you can get to 1.1.2 first I use ibrickr 0.91

I don't think it has anything to do with the fimeware
    the last time I synced some how the file became curupt
    I'm try to see where that file goes so I can try to fix it or if it saves older restore files that I can sync with

Default Try This
    in itunes go to edit at the top left click on it & go to preferences & then to syncing at the bottom hit the rest sync history

won't that delete other peoples contacts that have BEng synced with my iTunes and my new one