Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App store malfunction

Unhappy App store malfunction
    I recently got a new computer so I had to sync my iPhone and start over. The problem is that I had recently purchased some applications from the app store earlier. When I tried to recover my applications using "Check for my Purchases," I was only able to get back the free ones; and the purchased ones were not available. I emailed Apple but they said they would get back to me but never did. What should I do? I have about $100 worth of applications downloaded and I am not going to repurchase them again. Is Apple going to screw me over (again)?

Try re-downloading the apps that you already purchased using the same iTunes ID, it might realize that you already purchased it and give it to your for free.

Also next time try asking in the right forum.

Nuggyrush, Benz is correct. The store is smart enough to realize when you've already purchased an app. It'll show "buy" at first, but when the confirmation popup appears, it'll tell you that you've already purchased it and that it's free to download. The same is true for apps that you've grabbed that were free but have subsequently changed to a price...