Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck...Restart/Respring loop??

Default Stuck...Restart/Respring loop??
    Yeah so basically unless I find a new way to operate the iPhone from the home button alone, I may need some help....

I think my openSSH is on, so I'm looking for a solution that can be done from WinSCP/Putty/or Terminal (from remote terminal, not the iPhone's)

Ne1 know how to get out of the restart loop? I was in my settings (which has the hack & Dev prefs, kate, and preferences installed) then bam phone resets itself, now one touch of the screen and reset. Try hard resetting with the power/sleepwake button....one touch of the screen, phone resets. Take out the sim card?? Nope phone still resets....so yeah it's stuck in a loop, what file do I need to repair, anyone know?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

even if ssh is set to on, you probably will get disconnected as soon as the phone turns off to restart. why don't you put it in DFU mode and restore? that's probably your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    even if ssh is set to on, you probably will get disconnected as soon as the phone turns off to restart. why don't you put it in DFU mode and restore? that's probably your best bet
    Actually if you read what I wrote, there is NO reason to believe the above is true, as long as i didn't touch the screen it was fine, and since I don't need to touch the screen to use WinSCP....well you can figure out now that I can and did use the ssh client to solve this problem....BECAUSE, with the right place to look and a bit of knowledge using the terminal is a 2 minute fix versus an hour to reboot and reload.

And my best bet was exactly what I was asking about, I just used some common sense and removed any program manually that had a reset ability. If that failed I would have just used a stop command from the terminal on my mac or PC.

I have noticed that people are way too quick to use a panic reaction and reload their phones...do you reload MAC OS 10.something, XP, or Vista with that kind of regularity??? I'm sure you dont', so why is it always like the first or second remedy around here. It should never come up unless the phone is frozen in time. It SOOOO RARELY the required solution.

Oh and for those wondering, it was a glitch in Boss Prefs when the internal power button is removed from it's internal dock. So yeah pretty much figured it out. thanks for the suggestions though!!!!
    Last edited by NC3G16GIG; 2008-08-18 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I removed the power button in bossprefs from it's dock with absolutely no problem. Nowhere in your original post did you suggest anything that sounded like a specific app caused the problem and hence why I suggested what I did. It would have been helpful if u put in ur original post that ur were looking for a command to stop the phone from doing certain things But anyways I did read what you wrote and glad you fixed your problem

i made all the icons in iphne invisible thru bossprfs..now i m unable to see anything on screen..and unable to opn anything..wat shld i do know pls help mee