Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [20% battery remaining!]

Thumbs up [20% battery remaining!]
    so anyways today was the first day of me actually running the iphone for moderate-excessive amount without charging.... so i got up at 8 am took it off the charger (fully charged) around 9AM and been running movie for about an hour..then browsed the web for an hour or three...downloaded and installed some apps....played some games and i was watching the battery run down before my eyes...i was like wow this sucks it hasn't even lasted the whole day.....so after about 5 hours of running....and couple hours of stand bye i hit the 20% left mark I was like o crap....6:00 and it will be out by 7 if i am lucky well....i have been running video with volume all the way up for about 3 hours now and it just hit the 10% mark! seems like this last 20% is lasting forever!.....anyways i am trying to fully drain it and am playing video right now...if it took 3 hours of video to run it down to 10% looks like ill be here a while.....now i am not too mad about the battery time......

this was my first time to let the battery run down below 50-75%....not sure if thats bad but with these type of phones its hard to let the battery run all the way down because if you want to download stuff to the phone you have to plug it in and then it will charge too
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->

did you use the "numeric battery" app to show the exact % remaining? cause i found it to be a little bit inaccurate

nope....i was looking for something like that!!!!! is it free?....no when your battery drops to 20% and 10% the iphone shows a pop up message pausing the video...not sure if it does it at 5%

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

draining the battery is faster when playing games n such. i've drained mine a few times. even messanger programs kills it too. fast at that. playing movies n videos doesn't drain it as much. if you have hwinfo (114 or older only) it shows battery at its exact. i don't even know wat ur asking in this thread lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

i wasnt asking i was just commenting on how the last 20% of the battery last for a long time but then i was asking about that app

and i cant find hwinfo when i search under apps

ive died!!!!!!!!!!! and now i have a question LOL i plugged it into my computer and it wont let me turn it on it just shows a battery meter with a red sliver of "power juice" and a lightning bolt........oh well nm its powering up now....that was weird.....
    Last edited by the_bay_mafia; 2008-08-17 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

the battery needs to be completely depleted, and charged fully, then depleted, a few times for the 20% thing to work properly and the phone to recognise the battery properly.

bossprefs has numeric battery
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I wish I got that kind of time.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    the battery needs to be completely depleted, and charged fully, then depleted, a few times for the 20% thing to work properly and the phone to recognise the battery properly.

bossprefs has numeric battery
    The lithium-ion battery in the iPhone does not need multiple full discharges and charges; there's no "memory effect" with these batteries. My 20% indicator worked fine from day one with both my v1 and 3G iPhones.

The iPhone does what a lot of cellphones do when on an almost depleted battery -- they automatically shut down when turned on until charged sufficiently to maintain an "on" state.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I wish I got that kind of time.
    please note I have done a lot, A LOT of things to prolong the charge of the battery Maximize the iPhone 3G's battery Video - Free Video Downloads - CNET TV I have followed and done everything he has said

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    The lithium-ion battery in the iPhone does not need multiple full discharges and charges; there's no "memory effect" with these batteries. My 20% indicator worked fine from day one with both my v1 and 3G iPhones.

The iPhone does what a lot of cellphones do when on an almost depleted battery -- they automatically shut down when turned on until charged sufficiently to maintain an "on" state.
    technically i understand that lithium-ion batteries don't require chrging and discharging, and that the whole charging + discharging of batteries has effectively died, however, im on my 3rd brand new 3g now, got a new one today, and they do hang at 20% for prolonged amounts of time, then 10%, but a couple of fully charging and fully discharging cures this, fully.

i can quite happily say, im not the only person that has had the 20% pop up a bit prematurely aswell.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

technically i understand that lithium-ion batteries don't require chrging and discharging, and that the whole charging + discharging of batteries has effectively died, however, im on my 3rd brand new 3g now, got a new one today, and they do hang at 20% for prolonged amounts of time, then 10%, but a couple of fully charging and fully discharging cures this, fully.

i can quite happily say, im not the only person that has had the 20% pop up a bit prematurely aswell.

I have to agree with you, after hitting 20% mark, my phone would still give me a good 3 hours of play,surfing, etc. After a couple of discharges and recharges it now is more accurate.

Thanks

You might want to see a doctor for that...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_bay_mafia View Post
    please note I have done a lot, A LOT of things to prolong the charge of the battery Maximize the iPhone 3G's battery Video - Free Video Downloads - CNET TV I have followed and done everything he has said
    Hell naw, that's like buying a Porsche Turbo and driving 55. I enjoy my phone to the fullest, just keep a charger nearby.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Hell naw, that's like buying a Porsche Turbo and driving 55. I enjoy my phone to the fullest, just keep a charger nearby.
    Same here...