Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major Problem with Iphone repeat display help!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Major Problem with Iphone repeat display help!!!!!!!!!
    ok so i just SSH'ed for the first time, but the only thing i changed was the password, now after i rebooted the iPhone it was crazy on me, it started flashing the change homescreen alert like it jsut got installed an them springboard just keep rebooting itself can someone please help me here!!!!!!!

not my computers wont recognize the iPhone
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-04 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if there's no way of removing/undoing what you put in when you ssh'd into your iPhone then you may have to go for a restore by going into DFU mode. (Hold Sleep + Home button)
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

i can SSH my phone , i just need the /etc/passwd, and /etc/master.passwd files to replace the ones that got messed up but i cant seem to find them and i dont know how to extract them or find them anywhere else.

if anybody can help me out that would be awesome since its currently bricked.

and djkai is it even possible to do a restore since when my phone is pugged in iTunes, or iPhoneBrowser doesnt recognize it....

-------

edit just did a restore damn now ill have to jailbreak everything all over again
    not messing with ssh again
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-04 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Edit: Good to hear you got it going... i use SSH aswell, what i do is always keep a backup of the original file as well as a modified file. I think it is good to have SSH enabled because if u install a app that doesnt get you into springboard then you can always still remove it rather than going for a restore.

What firmware version are you on? I can probably pull what ive got out for ya.

You should no doubt be able to restore the iPhone. If you put the iPhone in DFU you mode by holding the keys i mentioned that should make iTunes see that your in recovery mode and allow you to restore.

But ensure that you have your firmware version restore file on your comp and hold down (Shift) in Windows and (Alt Option) for Macs to select your restore file.
    Last edited by djkai; 2008-02-04 at 09:07 AM.
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1