Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No WIFI/MIEI/Bluetooth

Default No WIFI/MIEI/Bluetooth
    Phone:

OTB 1.1.2

Jailbraked (downgrade to 1.1.1 ->1.1.2)

Problem

I tried to downgrade the baseband, but did something wrong. It came up with an "needs repair" error. So I attempted a restore to 1.1.2 and didn't take. I then attempted a restore to 1.1.3 that did take and restored everything. Then I attempetd a Harware hack it. same issue. then I tried to restore using 1.1.3 and it keeps failing in the middle of the firmware flash (not software) and throws a 1011 error (man, I'm sick of that error). I tried to load other firmwares, but always comes up with a "1" ( firmware not even loaded)

So now since I tried to restore it I have no terminal it is locked and am unable to load anything on it to attempt a restore of the basebad/bootloader.

The solutions I see are:

Wait for a new firmware to come out.
    Buy a new/used comm board from like ifixit.com, or buying a broken iphone (anybody have any broken phones?)

Are there any other solutions?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Connect iPhone to computer, have iTunes open.

Hold down Home and Sleep until iPhone turns off.

Immediately let go of Sleep when it powers off, but keep holding Home. Keep an eye on iTunes.

As soon as iTunes says an iPhone is connected in Recovery Mode, release the Home button. iPhone screen will still be all black. If its not, you held Home too long.

NOW restore to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. I recommend 1.0.2 just for the sheer joy of it.

Follow guides to get wherever you want.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Connect iPhone to computer, have iTunes open.

Hold down Home and Sleep until iPhone turns off.

Immediately let go of Sleep when it powers off, but keep holding Home. Keep an eye on iTunes.

As soon as iTunes says an iPhone is connected in Recovery Mode, release the Home button. iPhone screen will still be all black. If its not, you held Home too long.

NOW restore to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. I recommend 1.0.2 just for the sheer joy of it.

Follow guides to get wherever you want.
    I can't. when I downgrade to 1.0.2, it gets stuck on "waiting for iphone". on the 1.1.1 it fails after loading the software. This happens on both mac and pc.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-02-04 at 02:04 AM.