Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone upgrade problems

Default Iphone upgrade problems
    hello
    my iphone was unlocked, jailbroken etc for me, and recently i realised that i couldnt access the net at home with my iphone, and there was a update on itunes which i downloaded and installed and as a result now my iphone needs to be re unlocked, jailbroken etc i usually use the zi iphone to redo all of it but after the update it doesnt work anymore and when i turn on my iphone its just a picture of a plug going into itunes can someone please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try downloading either Winpwn or Pwnage tool depending wether your using a mac or a PC.

Then download new firmware for your phone ( you can get it from download section here).

Then create a Custom firmware with either Winpwn or Pwnage tool.

Then put phone in DFU mode and restore to custom Firmware that youve just made.

When you make your custom firmware you should be able to choose the options to unlock and activate.

Do a search on here as there are more in depth instructions.

Hope this helps a little.

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc

Default is there a easier way
    is there a easier way like a ziphone program for the updated version to jailbreak it and unlock it etc can someone please help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Pwnage/Winpwn are the ONLY tools to jailbreak/unlock 2.0 and above. You can spend 30 mins downgrading back to 1.1.4 and THEN use ziphone (which is not advised) if you'd like.