Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where did my media go?

Default Where did my media go?
    Where did my media go?

I opened up my iPhone's iPod and it appears to be completely empty.

I haven't done any major changes to the phone whatsoever and am still using 1.1.4, just like I have for the past several months. I tried opening up iTunes as well to see if the content was actually deleted or just not appearing, but I'm getting the following error:

When I go to Settings > General > About, I see the phones capacity is 7.3GB with only 4.4 available, so obviously the few hundred songs I had are still there.

What's going on? Where is my music? Why is it not showing up? Why is iTunes not recognizing my phone?

(PS - This is an unlocked and jailbroken phone, done with ZiPhone and running on TMobile)

this is happening to me too i cant see my music in my ifone but memory is taken

Thanks

You could use bossprefs to delete all of them, or was it bosstools, I forget. But one of them has the option to delete all media.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

skizo (2008-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    You could use bossprefs to delete all of them, or was it bosstools, I forget. But one of them has the option to delete all media.
    I'll keep that in mind for sure, but I'd like to resolve the issue as well, so I can continue to use my phone as usual.

I'm tempted to reset my phone, but I'd like to hear some opinions first.
    Last edited by skizo; 2008-08-14 at 06:13 AM.

Have you used iSlsk native iphone app to download and inject music into your library?

If you had, your iTunesDB (located: /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes) could be corrupt, and iSlsk makes a backup prior (iTunesDB.bak), just rename iTunesDB to iTunesDB.old and iTunesDB.bak to iTunesDB
    Last edited by t3abags; 2008-08-14 at 10:05 AM.
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t3abags For This Useful Post:

skizo (2008-08-14)

Thanks! That was it alright.

I love the PC version of Soulseek; shame it won't work for me on the phone.

Many thanks....