Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Upgraded Accidentally - cant itunes restore error code 1

Default 1.1.3 Upgraded Accidentally - cant itunes restore error code 1
    had 1.0.2 for a while, 2 weeks ago decided to up to 1.1.1, jailbreak, then go 1.1.2 and jailbreak. earlier today i tried upping to the soft 1.1.3, but it lef me crashed, and i had to restore back to 1.1.1 jail break, 1.1.2 etc.

later, i accidentally (don't ask!) upgraded via iTunes to 1.1.3. but contacts wouldn't sync, so i tried downgrading to 1.1.1 to redo the whole process. i would enter DFU more and try to restore. however, when i selected either of the previous firmware packs, i would get error 1 - couldn't be restored- as soon as they would finish extracting, and it would leave phone in DFU mode. i can only restore to 1.1.3. it works fine on 1.1.3, and i finally got the contacts to work, after like 8 restores to 1.1.3. but still getting error 1 when trying anything other than 1.1.3.

id like to go back to 1.1.2, but nothing seems to work, im left with error 1, over and over and over. the phone has been thru a lot of "virginizations" but i dont think that has anything to do with the problem.

can anyone shine some light on wtf is going on?!
    Last edited by VlaDeMaN; 2008-02-02 at 06:54 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

shift restore to 1.1.1 on itunes you should get a 1015 error that ok then shift restore 1.1.1 again on itunes and you will get another 1015 error thats a good sign. go to ibrickr and boot your phone once booted disconnect from ibrickr and connect to itunes activate your phone. be sure to wait for activation so that you don't a get incorrect sim if you do end up with incorrect sim dial *#307# and use that method. of your golden be sure to go to installer and downgrade your baseband to 04.01.03_g you should not have to install oktoprep because jailbreakme now installs it for you when you jailbreak 1.1.1 and go from there with your 1.1.2 upgrade be sure to not click restore but upddate and you should be cool with your update to 1.1.2 and use jailbreak.jar to jailbreak and should b golden if it freezes up just use ibrikr to boot your phone.

hope this helped if it does be sure to thanks me....

a_swellguy
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

When I restore to 1.1.1, I only get error 1 not 1015, so when I boot it it's still 1.1.3. I've tried restoring it over and over no luck.

swellguy, i know that 1015 error is cool, i pray for 1015, but all i get is error 1, and thats all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VlaDeMaN View Post
    swellguy, i know that 1015 error is cool, i pray for 1015, but all i get is error 1, and thats all.
    Use iBrickr to reboot and try again- happened to me once and tehn all went well. DO not use the special edition iBrickr, just the "normal" one.

Thanks

ok I have a idea... connect to itunes and hold your power and home button. when your iphone icon dissapears on your sidebar of itunes let go of power your phone screen will stay black and thats a good thing hold the home button till you get a iphone in restore mode... then restore to 1.1.1 and rename the 1.1.1 firmware to 1.1.1.ipsw you should be cool then and follow the rest of the instructions posted earlier...

a_swellguy

Thanks

takes a while to recognize be sure to be patient if it doesnt recognize restart your comp and which whipes the history clean on your itunes i also would reinstall itunes from time to time just to start off fresh a no history... you should be cool if you restart your comp.. hope this helps

my phone has the same problem, once i finally got it to get past the error (using the methods you guys stated in this thread) it came up with another error 2001. independence wont connect to it cause it doesnt knock it out of dfu mode. i think i am stuck on 1.1.3 its horrible. i miss my hacked 1.1.2. R.I.P.

cody

im having this same issue stuck in 1.1.3. I also get error #1. did you ever get yours working?

Thanks

E-mail me exactly what you did before your phone got goofey, what firmware your using and what firmware you had when you bought the phone. I'm sure I can figure this out for you guys just be sure to tell me specifically what you did so that I can figure out the steps to get you back on track. If I had the phone in my hand I'm sure I can figure it out for you. I want start a repair service for people but I'm sure it would just get out of hand and who wants to send some goof their phone right?

swellguy, putting the phone in DUF mode (recovery mode) is the only way to downgrade, im aware of that. ive been up and down 1.0.2 thru 1.1.2 a few times, so im not thaaaat new to all this...

BHZ1, i dont use windows, do you recommend anything else? independence doesnt support 1.1.3....you know what, ill install windows under VMware and run ibrickr, ill keep you posted
    Last edited by VlaDeMaN; 2008-02-03 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks

swellguy, putting the phone in DUF mode (recovery mode) is the only way to downgrade, im aware of that. ive been up and down 1.0.2 thru 1.1.2 a few times, so im not thaaaat new to all this...

BHZ1, i dont use windows, do you recommend anything else? independence doesnt support 1.1.3....you know what, ill install windows under VMware and run ibrickr, ill keep you posted

good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A_SWELLGUY For This Useful Post:

VlaDeMaN (2008-02-03)

Default hi
    Quote Originally Posted by A_SWELLGUY View Post
    good luck!
    i have same erro of vlademin since two week ..i had two iphone version 1.0.2

by mistake it have upgraded 1.1.3

i have used all type of virginizing sofware... of them it allowed 2 downgrade 1.1.1 but the firmware mode is 04.1.13_G but doesnt allow me to upgrade 1.0.2

the main problem is other iphone it show me error 1 whn i wana to downgrade 1.1.1

it have fimware versiob 04.03.13_G

can you help me way 2 enter

it doesnt allow me to inside 1.1.3 it stay on on the emergency call

Hi
    I had this problem for a long time ago. I tried restoring it about 10 times with the same error message.
    One guy recommended beeing very accurate with the timing when pressing the home/lock buttons.
    Use a clock.
    10 seconds with both buttons pressed.
    10 seconds with only the home button pressed.
    Be very accurate!

At least that worked for me... Don't ask me why...