Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please tell me there is a way to effectively mass text on the iPhone...

Default Please tell me there is a way to effectively mass text on the iPhone...
    So I upgraded my iPod touch to an iPhone 3g the other day because the experience and interface was so good on the touch that I wished to have the same quality experience when using my phone as my iPod Touch. I was expecting a really good testing interface given the much better hardware and software capabilities than the crappy Samsung feature phone I was upgrading from.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell, the iPhone doesn't even match the texting features that I had on my old Samsung. I use texting to communicate with my friends about what we will be doing and I frequently need to send mass texts to 20 or so people. On my old phone I could make a group and give it a name. Then I could put a bunch of contacts in that group and select the group from my contact list and it would text all of them. Or at very least I could quickly select the contacts from my contacts list and send the text to all of them.

The best I can do on the iPhone is start a new text message and slowely add each contact individually. I have to find each one on the contact list then select between their home and mobile number (I wish it would just default to mobile saving me an extra button press), once I select a number it takes me all the way back to the text and outs my cursor into the typing field, to add another recipient I have to click the little plus sign and go through the whole thing all over again. It doesn't sound like it takes very long but when you need to add 20 recipients it can become a task.

So... sorry about the pre-rant, but someone please feel free to call me stupid and point me to the obvious group creation or tell me how to select a bunch of contacts on the list at one time. Why aren't these features present?! Is there any way I can do mass testing more quickly?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You can just add people to the text, Just put your finger on the address line and type a user click on it type another click on it i do it all the time

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

That's about as good as it gets really and if you want to forward or delete messages individually you'll need the free app biteSMS. At least you don't have to make the group over and over though..

Thanks

You mean like this?

Yes Zwayne that's the way I have to do it now, it is really tedious if you need to text 15 people. I wish we could just click on several names on the list then hit an ok button to select all of the ones you clicked at once.

Did someone say you can make groups with biteSMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
    Yes Zwayne that's the way I have to do it now, it is really tedious if you need to text 15 people. I wish we could just click on several names on the list then hit an ok button to select all of the ones you clicked at once.

Did someone say you can make groups with biteSMS?
    I don't see why you would need to use a group. once you sent a text message to 15 people, that text message would stay in your inbox. Then, if you ever need to send a message to those 15 people again, you go back to that window in your inbox and type another message

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah you can make groups with BiteSMS

Thanks ab03 I didn't think about doing that, not optimal but it will help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

What the hell is so important you have to tell 20 people?

Only thing I could even think of is "drinking party tonight at shannon's. PS - she has VD."