Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellular Data Network settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cellular Data Network settings
    I have an unlocked 3G, which I use with 2 different carriers, 2 different SIM cards.

Calls, SMS etc work fine with both SIM cards. But Internet, data, mail, GPS etc works only with one SIM

With my main carrier (Telstra post paid), I am able to connect on data, browse web, download email etc. In Settings -> General -> Network, I can see the Cellular Data Network button and can edit the APN if I need to.

With my second carrier (Optus prepaid), the Cellular Data Network button does not appear under Settings -> General -> Network, therefore I do not have access to the APN setting to edit, yet I've been told I have data available with this SIM.

Anyone have any ideas why I am not getting access to the Cellular Data Network button and APN settings) when I use the Optus SIM?

I've spent more than 45 minutes speaking with the iPhone support of Optus. In the end, they suggested Restoring the phone, which I did; no success. Yes, I am connected to 3G on both carriers. Turning on Data Roaming makes no difference. In fact, Data Roaming is off with the Telstra SIM, yet I still have access to all the data services.

Cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuzzo For This Useful Post:

nctlyn524 (2009-08-14)