Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please update me!

Default Please update me!
    Hey everyone.

I have an iphone 2g version 1.1.2 OTB which i managed to hack to 1.1.3 jailbroken and activated and is now on Orange network.

I have since been out of the modmyi loop and seem to have missed quite a flurry of updates etc. Im a bit overwhelmed - can somebody please tell me what I can use and what upgrades will now be compatible with my phone - maybe link me to them?

There seems to be a nice set of new software WinPwn etc - but which to use I dont know!

My Ifone seems to have stopped sending texts to some people recently also, or it says its sent them but it doesnt seem to have - as they dont get received. Also how the heck can I install something which will let me see my sent messages and resend them, because they are not being received often, i often need to retype messages which is a pain!

Details of phone are as follows:

Model: MB213B
    Version: 1.1.3(4A93)
    !
    Originally was 1.1.2

Thanks ever so much guys!

Andy

Thanks

Ok What you need to do if you want to be back updated, Connect it to itunes and update it to 2.0.1, Then Use Pwnage Or win Pwn, Win Pwn is for windows, pwnage is for mac, then one you have upgraded you unock activate and jailbreak it in pwnage
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

so just to clarify.

Upgrade in itunes.

Load up WinPwn : Jailbreak , Activate - home sweet home?!

Do all my old sms, applications still stay?

What issues does the upgrade fix - is there a list?

In fact - reading the WinPwn directions, it says download the 2.0.1 firmware, or whatever firmware, and then boot fone into safety mode or whatever it is - then click Ipwner,

However you say upgrade in itunes.... which is it!?

What is the latest firmware which winpwn 2.0.0.4 can hack - 2.1?? or 2.0.1?

Is this correct@!?
    Last edited by renegadeandy; 2008-08-13 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

1) RESTORE in itunes to 2.0.1

2) load up winpwn and run it, follow the tutorial (wiki section of mmi) and use it to build a custom firmware that will activate + unlock your phone for you.

3)after you have followed the whole process of winpwn correctly, restore in itunes to your new custom 2.0.1 firmware (the latest firmware), your phone will restore, run boot neuter (unlock) and then pop to the homescreen -> unlocked, activated, jailbroke and ready to roll.

PLEASE NOTE:

use expert mode to remove custom boot images if you like .....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Ok.... how do i run boot neuter?!

Thanks

when you build the custom firmware, it adds it automatically, so after the phone finishes restoring, it automatically opens bootneuter and does it all for you.... its simple, you cant go wrong, its all in the wiki

Suck it up, Sucker

ok right thanks = however in none of the guides does it say ANYTHING - about updating my firmware before using itunes to restore the hacked firmware....

Can i just use the ipsw builder when im currently on 1.1.3. surely i dont upgrade using itunes legitamatelly , then do the upgrade to the hacked ipsw......

Thanks

when 2.0 first came out, which is when i was new to pwnage, that was what was to be done. first upgrade to legitimate firmware then to custom, however, i can't see any problems with going straight to the custom.

the firmware is a complete rebuild of the file structure, its not like updating from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, its a complete rebuild.

however, just follow the guide and all will be good.

Suck it up, Sucker

If i want to avtivate my phone as well, is all i need to do is check the activate box - i dont need to touch the baseband downgrader or whatever it is or anything?

Thanks

check activate box, check that bootneuter is set to unlock, your good to go.

your baseband will be flashed, the once by boot neuter, but unless you cancel or unplug your phone half way through, you should be good.

Suck it up, Sucker

Ok - so where do i get the bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 files from?

cheers buddy - ilol try this tomorrow!

Hi - right In advancd i have set:

Activate iphone

No Wipe

Enable Baseband update
    - neuter bootloader 3.9/4.6
    - unlock baseband -

and have set the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloder files - however when clicking build .ipsw it gets quite far then crashes with no error to desktop without making the file......
    Last edited by renegadeandy; 2008-08-15 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did u put a custom logo?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Yeah mate i have...

Please can somebody help me here - everytime , I do :

Build ipsw, installer & cydia, 2 * custom images and i select both from the online library,

Activate i fone, no wipe, neuter bootloader, i give both 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files, i click unlock baseband, it builds for a while - then closes withuot error and without generatting my file!?!?!?