Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stress head needs help

Default stress head needs help
    Hi stressed out noobi here in need of help,iphone 1.0.2(1c28)fw 04.01.13-g jailbroken running on vodafone,i have openssh,winscp
    my problem is when i try to open safari all i get is a white screen for about 25 sec then it goes back to my(iphone) home screen it was working gr8 for the last 4 months.How did i get to this problem well when i went to my internet homepage on safari there was alot of icons running from top to bottem of screen on top of my homepage so i had a brainwave copy MobileSafari.app to my comp delete it from my fone DL 1.0.2fw from mmi copy MobileSafari.app from there put that file into my applications on fone and it will fix it but no it didnt so i put the file that i saved from my fone to comp back on fone and it just gave me a white screen i can still use maps and weather please can anyone help me get safari back without restoring or updating thanks

Thanks

Did you try clearing the cache and cookies?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Sounds like you may need to reset the permissions on mobilesafari.app since you copied it back to your phone. Did you do this as user root or mobile?

yes i did all this and i done a network reset too @ eurisko

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Sounds like you may need to reset the permissions on mobilesafari.app since you copied it back to your phone. Did you do this as user root or mobile?
    i done this by going into root,applications
    Last edited by skippyuk1; 2008-02-01 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I missed the 1.0.2 part, so obviously you did this as root. I have a 1.1.3 phone or I would paste my permissions for you, but I don't think that will help you in 1.0.2. Do you know anyone else with the same version fw so you could check their permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I missed the 1.0.2 part, so obviously you did this as root. I have a 1.1.3 phone or I would paste my permissions for you, but I don't think that will help you in 1.0.2. Do you know anyone else with the same version fw so you could check their permissions?
    no i dont know anyone but saying that i dont know how to check mine but thanks 4 the help

Anyone if i restore my fone will it go back to when i last sync it ie;will it still be unlocked ? and would this get my safari back ?
    Last edited by skippyuk1; 2008-02-02 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

you would get safari back but it will not be unlocked and yes it will go back to your last sync if you select your back up
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs