Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone speaker problem - any repair in Hong Kong?

Default iPhone speaker problem - any repair in Hong Kong?
    Kind of weird what's happened to my iPhone tonight.

Got a call and no sound from the front speaker. Also no clicks when typing SMS messages and no sound when playing music with no headphones plugged in.

On the other hand, when I receive a call, I can hear the ringtone just fine and can hear the caller if I switch on speakerphone.

Also it works just fine through headphones.

Anyone have any tips or advice on this?

And if anyone reading this is in Hong Kong, any tips on shops that might take a look at this, know what they're doing, be able to offer repairs?

Thanks

One further note on this ... I am starting to think that what happened is that when I removed the headphone plug, the phone "thinks" that the headphones are still plugged in. Which might explain why I can hear ringtone through the external speaker but nothing else, though all sounds are normal when headphones are plugged in.
    Last edited by sschech; 2008-02-01 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Put your headphone jack in and out several times in a row. This happend to my phone (it thought the headphones were in) But after a few - in&outs.... It's been working fine since.

Default Bug
    I'm also interested in a repair service in Hong Kong could anyone recommend one? i need a new back cover for my iphone 2g since its been indented just where the ON/OFF switch is rendering it useless