Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Step By Step Instructions How To Restore - Please

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Step By Step Instructions How To Restore - Please
    I need to restore my iPhone can someone please point me in the right direction on how to restore my iPhone. If i restore in iTunes I presume i lose my jailbreak. any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ian

Ya if you restore your phone, you will lose the jailbreak. But you can always restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak, and then upgrade.

To restore to 1.1.1, first download the 1.1.1 software. It's available here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

Then start the phone in recovery mode by holding both the sleep and home buttons simultaneously. release the sleep button when the screen turns black, and keep holding the home button.

Itunes will recognize phone in recovery mode, hold shift and click on restore. locate the 1.1.1 file and open.

remember this is just an exmample of restoring the 1.1.1 software. sometimes you get errors at the end of software restoring. but if you restore to 1.1.3, it will almost always fix any software problems.

so by restoring to 1.1.3 and then going back to 1.1.1 you say it helps with the restore to 1.1.1. I only ask cause i crashed out my phone running 1.1.2 and had to use i bricker to get me back to running 1.0.2 and now when I try to restore to the 1.1.1 file i got here i keep getting an error message as well. n e help would be awsome.

if you are on 1.1.2 jail breaked and unlocked you have to restore to 1.1.1 then do a baseband downgrade and virginaze it then you can unlock 1.1.1
    then you can update back to 1.1.2 after installing oktoprep
    its all in here
    iphone.unlock.no