Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.3-3 out] Some Questions :)...

Default [1.1.3-3 out] Some Questions :)...
    Has anyone updated with 1.1.3-3 yet?
    is there a "update history" for this release?
    Is there an official link to any info about this?

Ok, so, Summerboard has now been updated, poof hides the icons,
    BUT

When i first went to the dev team 1.1.3, i couldnt get a single application to 'work' - by that i mean i could install and run some of them fine, BUT the settings would never save! Has this been fixed now??

Also has the TimeZone issues been fixed in the newest version?

Lastely, with the older JB, i was able to manually copy over the IPSW file, is it possible to do the same with this version? i realise there is no installer.sh to edit but i see this in the Upgrade file:

Code:
    Making temporary directory
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4061.20080115.4Fvn7/iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw
    /private/var/x/022-3743-100.dmg
    /private/var/root/Media/iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw
    Found existing restore ipsw: /private/var/root/Media/iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw
    So im assuming if i put the file in var/root/media it will find it and not re-download it?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-02-01 at 08:56 AM.

just tried, and yes, it does work... no renaming the image to restore.zip this time either. currently in the final 'Reading existing image' stage, and as i was having great luck w/ 1.1.3-2 i have high hopes for this one..!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sukatoro For This Useful Post:

jtanner (2008-02-01)

i thought if i uploaded the file myself to:

/private/var/root/Media/

(as per the /private/var/root/Media/iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw)

it may just it anyway

Thanks for the info

Can anyone comment on apps saving their preferences & settings?

I had a perfect jailbreak with everything working well with the jailbreak found in installer (from the modmyi source) and a few patches and fixes.
    Now I wanted to try the 1.1.3-3. Moving the ipsw to the iPhone using CyberDuck right now.
    I'll let you know if it works.
    1.1.3-2 used to crash after 4 hours of slowly downloading the firmware with my slow connection. Hopefully your trick will help.
    Cheers.

So what did they say it updated? I pretty much have everything working apart from maps obviously so Im wondering whats been fixed up?

well... all sync issues are fixed with mail, time, and sms.
    It's just so you don't have to manually do the fixes yourself through ssh or 3rd party fixes in installer. All preferences seem to be correctly saved.
    It not worth it for those who have everything working. (I don't know about maps locate feature coz anyway it'll never work for me in Mauritius).
    As for those who have problems, I'd surely recommend trying 1.1.3-3.
    And using the trick to download 1.1.3 first, move to Media, and then install the installer jailbreak really helps with slow connections

[edit]
    i forgot to mention that there's almost nothing in 'other' in itunes, meaning the install is much much cleaner now.
    hmm... Are you guys able to install iPhysics add-ons on 1.1.3-3? For me, they get intalled but don't show up in iPhysics.

[2nd edit]
    owkay... I reverted back to 1.1.1 and re-did the jailbreak till 1.1.3-3. Youtube not working. I added i.unlock.no to the repositories list and then applied the Youtube Activation to make it work. Then SummerBoard themes didn't show up. Added BigBoss's sleepers.net/iphonerepo and installed his SMBFix. Now everything's working fine.
    Booya!
    Last edited by beatoven; 2008-02-02 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Found problems and their fixes...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beatoven For This Useful Post:

jtanner (2008-02-02)

after the soft upgrade can i delete these

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiipoolman View Post
    after the soft upgrade can i delete these

thanks!
    Yes