Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G reception, NO SERVICE, Dropped calls- Due to Bad Iphone chip!!

Default Iphone 3G reception, NO SERVICE, Dropped calls- Due to Bad Iphone chip!!
    Hello All,
    Well im one of the 1000's being affected by the recently discovered issues that seems to be relating to a bad chip in the IPHONE 3G. Although this chip theory was brought up by AT&T but has not been confirmed by Apple or anyone else.
    How many of you are having similar issues, where the phone either switches to Edge for no reason and then doesnt come back to 3G. It looses the signal completely and shows "No service", getting dropped calls or getting " call failed"
    I know im having this issue for sure. It also seems that this became more common with the 2.0.1 update.
    Check out apple discussion forums.

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3G

Title is "iPhone 3G Reception Problems? You're Not Alone - Continued "

Do you live in a well populate area with full 3G coverage. I'm in Metro Atlanta, our fleet of iPhones have excellent signal, except for problems area where AT&T is known to have fast bad reception.

I'm in the smack middle of the coverage area. Still have the issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its been happening to me also and i live in a strong 3g area

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

its happening here in cali too. im already on my sixth iphone and they were all in one day =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks

i dont have a reception problem, my reception is fine.

however, people have been ringing me, and going straight through to the voicemail.

it's annoying because people dont leave mssages.... i dont get missed calls .... and then a day or so later they say "i tried ringing you the other day". its happened way to many times to be normal... but if i go into an apple store and complain about this, how can i prove it?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

it happends to me a lot... even in my own house. What I have noticed is I don't have this problem if I turn the 3G network off... if I use the standard Edge network I have fewer problems.

The issue is I traded my first gen phone into get the 3G network.. now that it dosen't work efficiently i'm started to wonder if it was the best route to go.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

it happends to me a lot... even in my own house. however, people have been ringing me, and going straight through to the voicemail.

it's annoying because people dont leave mssages.... i dont get missed calls .... and then a day or so later they say "i tried ringing you the other day". its happened way to many times to be normal...
    This has been happening to me too way too often as well. It is worse in the house though. It must be network related because my son has noticed this with his 3G V3xx. Fluctunating signal very random.

What I have noticed is I don't have this problem if I turn the 3G network off... if I use the standard Edge network I have fewer problems.
    I had thought the same thing but today I missed two return calls right after I called someone and left a message. I had been keeping 3G off unless I'm on the internet so was on Edge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I purchased my iphone 3GS I have been plagued with off and on bad reception. AT&T's response has been "Bring the phone in and we will replace it." which I find to be the bigger hammer approach.