Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to free space on my iphone?

Default how to free space on my iphone?
    Hey all, i hve had the joy of playing with a jailbroken iPhone (1st gen) for about a year now...(cant remember how long). and i have put a lot of apps on my 4gig phone and deleted apps a lot. ATM it is FW 2.0 with Cydia and appstore apps. it lags quite a bit and crashes sometimes too. i was getting a 'low on memory' message a while ago but i ignored it because when i plugged into itunes, i still had a gig of free space. now i am getting that message everyday...'low on memory...your phone may crash'... type messages. right now there is about 1.5 gigs free. anyone know any ideas on how i can fix this?
    I have thought about using SSH with Transit and just going file folder by folder and deleting things, but i dont know if i would delete something important or not. any ideas would be great. thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

You get a low memory warning because the phone's memory is partitioned. Around 500megs is for OS apps and that. And the other 3 and a half gigs is for music, videos and pictures.

If you pwn the latest firmware you have the option to change the partition size to allow more memory for the OS. I put mine to 550meg and i havent had a low memory error since.

Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review Something like this

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

download bosstool from cydia just go to sections/all packages/bosstool

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres also an app which moves ring tones. fonts and other items to free space...cant remember what it was called

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!