Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird random error message on Iphone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Weird random error message on Iphone.
    Iv got a 1st gen iphone running 2.0, not jailbroken since i upgraded to 2.0 and eveything has been fine up till today, iv just noticed a pop up on my home screen.

It says,

this accessory was not made to work for the iphone, would you like to turn on airplane mode. You will not be able to make or receive calls. Yes / No

Iv not installed any new apps for over a week and last one was Cubes Lite.

Anyone had the same probs or know of a fix???

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

its not an error. When you plug in an accessory that say was for the ipod video. The iPhone will ask to turn off all wireless functions to ensure no feedback into the speakers. You can choose not to do so but you will get a buzz though the speakers

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Iv not got anything attached, well the only thing that is attached to the iphone at the minute is the charging dock lol

Thanks

huh? Thats weird. Nothing plugged into the phone and you get this message? Have your checked the dock connector for dust debris? anything that could mess it up?

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah i gave everything a good dusting, didnt help.. Funnilly enough its not doing it today lol.

Must have been having a bad day yesturday. hahah

Thanks

Happened to me after my phone got err.. 'water damaged'.
    Check and see if the little white dot inside your iphones headphone jack went red.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    Check and see if the little white dot inside your iphones headphone jack went red.

Ah yest it did get a little damp, on way to work it was raining really heavy and the iphone did have a little water on it. Iv just looked inside and the tap is still white..

Must have been that

This happened to me recently. Just a couple times a day, then started happening almost constantly for 10-20 minutes at a time, and then would go away, sometimes for an hour, sometimes a day. No apparent water damage (no red dot). Cleaned the dock connector till I was blue in the face and ready to throw the phone.

Called Apple support to schedule an appt with the Genius Bar. They had me do a restore, didn't help. Then had me set it up in iTunes as a new phone (don't forget to make sure you have your notes written down!!! GRRR!!!), still no help for solving the problem, so they scheduled an appt at the genius bar.

One thing I noticed...is that in my case, it was very easy to duplicate. If the phone had auto locked, then I waited about a minute, and then pushed the home button, it was immediately bringing up the message. So, I made sure to repeat this process as I handed the phone to the Genius. He replaced mine on the spot, didn't even bother to troubleshoot, that is, after he looked for the red dot, and looking carefully at the dock. He mentioned that the dock connector was probably to blame.

HTH.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    Whats this about a red dot?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You notice on old phones when you have battery off there a little white strip, well this was to see if it was water damaged, if it was it turned red.. well the iphones water damage indicator is inside the ear phone jack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    You notice on old phones when you have battery off there a little white strip, well this was to see if it was water damaged, if it was it turned red.. well the iphones water damage indicator is inside the ear phone jack.
    Ahh cool. Never knew that

Thanks

Basically it's what the apple people use to shoot you down when you go and ask for a replacement. =P

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well its back

Not as much as the other day, only a couple times a day now, but its annoy the life out of me. I dont have my phone on autolock but looks like im gonna have to now as last night i went to bed at 11pm with a full battery, woke up at 6am and it was flat

I dont know why my battery aint lasting as long as it used to either, im not a heavy user on my phone (have a company one) were as it would last 3 or 4 days without a charge now it only lasts about 8 hours