Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Voicemail/Wifi password issues

Default 1.1.3 Voicemail/Wifi password issues
    This weekend, I updated jailbroke my 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I'm having the following issues:

* Everytime I restart the phone, I get asked to input my voicemail password.
    * Anytime I access internet apps (Safari/Email), I get a notification that my wifi password is wrong.

What I've done to fix these problems:

* Dialed 611 and reset my voicemail password. No luck, I still get asked everytime I reset my phone.
    * Set my wifi to forget my access point, then rejoin it using the correct password. Ask to join networks is set to on.

Before I reset the phone and jailbroke the phone, I had no problems with voicemail or wifi remembering my settings.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

I'm having the same issue with mine after 1.1.3. I just applied the Mailfix by BigBoss to solve similar problem with mail. I'll let you know if this has any effect on other passwords not storing as well.

Well I think I narrowed down the Wifi issue.

My work wifi is an OpenWRT firmware router and we choose to hide the ESSID. If the ID is public, there are no problems, but if it's hidden, I get the same error saying "the password is incorrect, renter password". This used to work fine in 1.1.2.

No new solution for the voicemail issue. Has no one else had this issue with 1.1.3?

Today I tried to set up my Gmail acct using IMAP from these instructions: https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=77702

I'm getting a bad password error when trying to login to the IMAP server or SMTP server. Help anyone?

I just found this thread from a google search. I'm dealing with both the voicemail and wifi password issues.

One curious thing about the wifi issue is that I have the same exact router at both my home and business, the only difference is the network name - At home the iPhone never 'forgets' the password and connects just as it should every time, but at my business i have to enter it every time I unlock my phone, or make it forget the network so I don't keep getting the window asking for the password.

I'm hoping a solution exists for this.

Hey guys, just reporting back. Its been several days now and haven't had the issue again. Try the BigBoss Mailfix and see if it works for you.

I think I'm just gonna start over on my phone. I'll downgrade it to stock 1.0.2 and back up to 1.1.3 and see what happens.

I've not read of anyone else running into these issues and since no one is replying with concrete solutions, I made some small mistake or error while unlocking it.

It's really annoying to hit installer.app or safari and the wifi asks me for the pw. I put it in and it says that the pw is incorrect. But if I manually go to settings and join with the same pw, it's fine.

ARGGHHHH!

Well, about a day of frustration and even convicting my ex-g/f of changing my voicemail password, I finally fixed the problem.

.. You ready for this?

Just use the last 4 digits of your phone number. Stupid, I know, but it did work, and I was able to receive all my voicemails through Visual Voicemail.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for the reply Posixninja.

I read about ZiPhone the other day so I decided to try it out since it was a 1 click solution to jailbreak any phone. Before, I was downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and back up to the current firmware using all kinds of different programs and fixes. It was a serious clusterfuck that took about 4 hours to do.

I'm currently in the process of using Ziphone; jailbreaking from Apple's 1.1.3. Hopefully this makes the process alot less painless and fixes the issues I've outlined in the OP.

I read about ZiPhone the other day so I decided to try it out since it was a 1 click solution to jailbreak any phone. Before, I was downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and back up to the current firmware using all kinds of different programs and fixes. It was a serious clusterfuck that took about 4 hours to do.

I'm currently in the process of using Ziphone; jailbreaking from Apple's 1.1.3. Hopefully this makes the process alot less painless and fixes the issues I've outlined in the OP.

Wow, ZiPhone worked!!

I wiped the phone and restored to 1.1.3, then used ZiPhone to jailbreak the phone. ZiPhone didn't look like it worked because I let it run for over an hour. Following these instructions:

To those of you that are suffering from the endless Apple logo on the iPhone for much longer than the time that ziphone states it will take:

After waiting a long time (don't be impatient), try powering off your phone using the home and sleep buttons. Once it's powered off, make sure iTunes and iTunes helper aren't running, then press and hold the home button while you plug your iPhone into the dock or dock cable. This will put your phone into recovery mode, as you know. Then run ziphone with the -v (Verbose Boot) option ONLY, and it should boot normally and the options you used originally (to activate, jailbreak, or unlock) should have taken effect.
    I got scrolling Unix and the phone reboot. After that, I tested voicemail and wifi and both worked flawlessly.

I was asked for my VM password which is my 7 digit number and it worked. I unhid my work access point, connected, hid the access point, turned off the wifi, and reenabled it to find that the phone automatically connected like it used to.

In short, the long process of DFU restore to 1.1.3, downgrade to 1.1.1 and back up screwed by password saves on the phone.

I highly recommend ZiPhone other than the small error I encountered which I quoted above. Now to test Gmails IMAP...
    Last edited by Renton; 2008-02-13 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, ZiPhone worked!!

I wiped the phone and restored to 1.1.3, then used ZiPhone to jailbreak the phone. ZiPhone didn't look like it worked because I let it run for over an hour. Following these instructions:

To those of you that are suffering from the endless Apple logo on the iPhone for much longer than the time that ziphone states it will take:

After waiting a long time (don't be impatient), try powering off your phone using the home and sleep buttons. Once it's powered off, make sure iTunes and iTunes helper aren't running, then press and hold the home button while you plug your iPhone into the dock or dock cable. This will put your phone into recovery mode, as you know. Then run ziphone with the -v (Verbose Boot) option ONLY, and it should boot normally and the options you used originally (to activate, jailbreak, or unlock) should have taken effect.
    I got scrolling Unix and the phone reboot. After that, I tested voicemail and wifi and both worked flawlessly.

I was asked for my VM password which is my 7 digit number and it worked. I unhid my work access point, connected, hid the access point, turned off the wifi, and reenabled it to find that the phone automatically connected like it used to.

In short, the long process of DFU restore to 1.1.3, downgrade to 1.1.1 and back up screwed by password saves on the phone.

I highly recommend ZiPhone other than the small error I encountered which I quoted above. Now to test Gmails IMAP...