Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Charges Thanks to 2.0

Default Data Charges Thanks to 2.0
    So i just opened up my rogers bill tonight only to notice the amount due is double what it normally is. thanks to 2.0 not disabling EDGE, i apparently sent and recieved 1.3 mb of data which is costing me close to 60 dollars. now, i'm using a 1st gen iphone that has been unlocked since the beginning of march. what's the best way to go about speaking to a rogers rep to get the charges removed in light of the phone i'm using?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you can call and ask them to revert the charges or tell them it happened by accident but its not happening. I'm a dealer for rogers and they have said that they will not wave anymore data charges. Best thing is to ask them for a data plan and see if they can wave the data charges if you take a data plan and then remove the plan a month later or something.. but other then that you better come up with a good story but i still doubt they will revert the charges.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by skaughtm View Post
    So i just opened up my rogers bill tonight only to notice the amount due is double what it normally is. thanks to 2.0 not disabling EDGE, i apparently sent and recieved 1.3 mb of data which is costing me close to 60 dollars. now, i'm using a 1st gen iphone that has been unlocked since the beginning of march. what's the best way to go about speaking to a rogers rep to get the charges removed in light of the phone i'm using?

**** man. my story is that i upgraded to 2.0 from 1.1.4 and in the first three days (there' are only three days of data usage on my bill) my push email racked up 1.3 megabytes! and that equates to 60 dollars? ugh, i'm going to have to go back to 1.1.4

Install Boss Prefs from Cydia and there you can turn off edge, wifi emails anything you don't want running.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

60 dollars for 1.3 MB??? If that's not theivery I don't know what is... wow. Dude, do yourself a favor and get a data plan (6GB for 30 bucks) or just turn off Edge through Boss Prefs, or to be 100% safe, call Rogers and tell them to turn off data on your account.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User