Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone error 1604 fix, will restore latest firmware

Talking iphone error 1604 fix, will restore latest firmware
    I can fix your phone error 1604 that doesn't let you restore any firmware, I will restore the latest version, and i will install cydia and installer app and activate the phone too for $30. Email me for more info. Guarantee.

Or you could not be a jerk and try to help people for free!

Nobody do this please just try this site.
    iPhone 2.0 coming back from the 1604 error | Staggering through Life
    It should work, it is the only thing that worked for me. And it didn't cost me a damn thing.
    Last edited by mik3y08; 2008-08-12 at 06:55 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mik3y08 For This Useful Post:

IvanB (2008-08-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ill do it for free, Been doing it all week, Why Charge

o follow this tutorial you will need to have iTunes 7.7 installed (make sure to reboot). Also, you may need to download and install .Net Framework if you are on Windows XP.

Step One
    Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage. In it place the following files: Winpwn 2.0.0.4 or Winpwn 2.0.0.4 , 3.9BL , 4.6BL , and the latest 2.0 firmware.

Step Two
    Install WinPwn by extracting the downloaded zip from Step One and running the setup executable. Once WinPwn has been installed it will put a shortcut icon on your desktop. Double click to launch the application.

Step Three
    Once WinPwn has opened click the Browse .ipsw button.

Step Four
    Locate the 2.0 firmware file (iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw) from the Pwnage folder on your desktop and click Open.

Step Five
    WinPwn will check the firmware to make sure its valid. Now click the IPSW Builder button.

Step Six
    The IPSW Builder window will open to the Applications tab. Check to select Cydia and if you are not on AT&T then check to select YouTube Fix.

Step Seven
    Click to select the Custom Images tab. From here you can can select
    your own boot images.

Remember the rules for them: RGB or Grayscale format with Alpha channel and dimension bellow 320x480. If you would like to use the iClarified ones they can be found here: Boot Logo, Recovery Logo

Step Eight
    Click to select the Custom Payload tab. From this tab you can select custom payloads you have created to be automatically installed. We will discuss this in a future tutorial.

Step Nine
    Click to select the Advanced tab. Check to select: Activate Phone, Enable Baseband update, and Unlock baseband.

We will also need to load the Bootloader files. Click the Bootloader 3.9 button and then select the BL39.bin file in your Pwnage Folder. Then click the Bootloader 4.6 button and select the BL46.bin file in your Pwnage Folder.

Step Ten
    Click the Build .ipsw button at the bottom left to build your custom ipsw firmware file. Navigate to your Pwnage folder and click the Save button.

Step Eleven
    Once WinPwn has finished creating your custom firmware then click the iPwner button from the main menu.

Step Twelve
    Select the custom firmware file we just built from the Pwnage folder on your desktop and click the Open button.

Step Thirteen
    You will then be notified that your iTunes has been Pwned!

Step Fourteen
    Next we will need to put the iPhone in the DFU mode and restore using iTunes. To put your iPhone into DFU mode please follow these instructions!

Step Fifteen
    iTunes will prompt you that you are in recovery mode.

Hold down Shift and click the Restore button in iTunes.

A popup window will appear asking you to select your firmware. Select the Custom firmware file we saved in the Pwnage folder and then click the Open button.

Once the restore is complete you will have your iPhone unlocked and jailbroken!

-------------------------------------------
    remember :first do a restore with itunes to 2.0.1. You phone will be locked and unjailbroken. No problems. Then create a custom ipsw using winpwn and partition set to 1000mb. Checl cydia, installer and youtube fix. Connect your phone to itunes, set your phone to DFU mode, screen should be black if u do it correctly. When iphone recognises your phone, hold down shift button and press restore. Should do the trick. (520MB).Goodluck!!!
    error 1604 gone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jnk For This Useful Post:

Chinasky (2010-07-19)

can you post your method please thanks in advance

i'm sorry, but everything this user says is garbage and a lie. if u get 1604 error it is possible to restore ur firmware. it might take awhile depending on ur knowledge, but it can be done because i have done it. this user is just out for money which i find is sad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I wouldnt buy into any of this "my iphone hacking skills are superior to what you can do by yourself" mess. In fact, this seems to be a common problem going around these days. I already posted my experience once today, so here it goes again:

A few weeks ago, I was flashing my iphone with bootneuter, and in the middle of the process, the auto lock turned on, and my phone went to hell. Needless to say, I too had this error. After 2 days of trying all kinds of different methods, this finally worked for me:

1) uninstall itunes, and reinstall itunes 7.5(this actually is vital, i tried the same thing without 7.5 and it didn't work!)

2) download firmware 1.1.4 (this too eludes me, but I think it has something to do with itunes 7.5 not being compatable beyond a certain firmware)

3) restore your iphone to 1.1.4 using itunes (not custom! we're just trying to get your phone to boot up normally again)

4) after your restore, feel free to up/downgrade to any custom firmware.

I hope this helps. Seriously, it took me 2 stressful days to figure out all the little things that make big differences i.e. itunes 7.5, 1.1.4 firmware
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2008-08-22 at 05:32 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

Chinasky (2010-07-19)

Ok guys, however this forum is based on helping people. We take information and we give it.

Remember, you may be the one in need one day.....I wouldnt want to hear "I'll help you if you pay me".

I agree with you jcpr, go to the UPS weight you iphone ask them if from mind house at 410 Transcript CIR, Reisterstown MD 21136 to your house, How much it would cost? Will this $30 cover the cost, and how much left. THinkkkkkk more on my times(3hours up per each phone).

Reinstall 7.5 itunes wouldn't do it. Because 7.5 UDF(of iphones version 1.1>2 is different mode then the itunes8 iphone 2.0 up. Iboot recognize your iphone but it will fail to restart booting UDF for the second time. Once you hit that restore button on itunes it will
    1) Prepare iphone for restore > extracting firmware
    2) Update iphone software > first time in UPF white screen
    3) Veryfying apple iphone software
    4) Update iphone software > Second time in UDF black screen for 2sec, then with apple logo and the active clockwise thing. This will fail error 1604, it recongnize faster if you not running itune8 or latest version. Even if you have the latest version it will fail do to an argument on your iphone software not in parameter. If success this update iphone software you will able to restore. then it go next processof comfirm iphone restore.
    5) Comfirm iphone restore> check <partition>, <firmware>, etc...If partition resize to 1GB, it go back to 500MB. IF you have custome ipws then it will set to what ever setting in that customer ipws
    6) Restore iphone Firmware > kick out UDF
    7) Black screen 2sec UDF, then Activation. DONEEEEEE

Send it back to Apple they will fix your iphone , But you unlock it or jailbreak it they don't do a thing. Due to void warantee.....things listen to what they said, anoying representative. One of my client take 29 days waiting and they didn't fix it.

Sorry guys and girls, iTunes coming out itunes version 8.0.0.35 is even more difficult to restore or update the unlocking or jailbroken iphones. Next one 8.1 is more restrict due to the Apple want us to run only there software development. Even restore older version iphones is taking more times than usual in 24mins.

For recommendation for everyone, if you successfully upgraded your iphone "DO NOT UPDATE THE ITUNES', KEEP THAT ITUNES VERSION" or else when you do the update iphone firmware you will get the errors.

forgot one thing the Pwned! Not really working, that program only let you custome ipwn, don't use it. You will not able to use the itunes if new version of 8.1up, because apple they smarter now. They added a new promted detect program on itunes for your iphone match to the original ipws or not. PWNED created for before update, But sooon pwned release a new program use for "After" update. Meaning your iphone updated or without updated running version on iphone then it will jailbreak ..

Dammit how i said this, the PWNED is jailbreak or unlock to a custom ipws then restore to your iphone. Now they do a reverse of that. Your current or update ipws run PWNED then it will jailbreak or unlock. Like using ziphone to jailbreak or unlock it.
    Last edited by killme22; 2008-10-22 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default 1604 error
    Guys, I have the same problem. i tried to upgrade my unlocked 16GB 2G iphone version...got an error saying SIM not supported. Then went to various forums n tried different methods.nuthin happened. Then tried pwnage using iclarified. Now have error 1604!!!!

tried to install vartious version of itunes. Since i installed 8.1, it is now not recognising 7.5 version...

please help me to get back to normal mode...

thanxxx

Before I hit restore through itunes, it says it will revert back to factory settings and install the latest software. Does that mean it will upgrade my baseband too? Don't want this to happen. I am trying to do the push notification fix. http://*************/showthread.php/...-Notifications Let me know. If I can't do it, can you do it for $30.00 bucks. Thank you!