Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme download help

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Theme download help
    Okay so im new to the iPhone world so forgive me.

I have a iPhone unlocked with 2.0 and winterboard. I want to get themes from the download section on this WONDERFUL site to my phone. I downloaded my first one a second ago to my Windows XP pc. Now how do I get the theme to my phone? Thanks in advance!!

DK

You have to SSH into the phone and manually place the theme in its respectful directory, search for Winterboard if you not sure.

Otherwise, there are a few on Cydia you can download straight to the phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

40ozBulldog (2008-08-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to SSH into your iPhone (guide), and then place the theme folder in /Library/Themes. If your theme name was "Realize," then you would put all the files, such as icons and Docks, in /Library/Themes/Realize. Then open Winterboard, apply your theme, press the home button, and your phone should respring. When it goes back the the Slide to Unlock screen, your theme should be applied.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

40ozBulldog (2008-08-12), SLapp (2008-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You have to SSH into the phone and manually place the theme in its respectful directory, search for Winterboard if you not sure.

Otherwise, there are a few on Cydia you can download straight to the phone.
    Thanks, I already have winterboard and all the themes for it. But I was browsing the downloads on here and see a few id love to grab. Now, excuse me again but maybe someone can elaborate on this a little more. (step by step) Because im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    You need to SSH into your iPhone (guide), and then place the theme folder in /Library/Themes. If your theme name was "Realize," then you would put all the files, such as icons and Docks, in /Library/Themes/Realize. Then open Winterboard, apply your theme, press the home button, and your phone should respring. When it goes back the the Slide to Unlock screen, your theme should be applied.
    Thanks!!

Okay so im getting an error...
    Network Error: Connection refused

What now?

Okay how do I get SSH on my iPhone??
    Last edited by 40ozBulldog; 2008-08-12 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^ You have to install "BSD Subsystem" and "SSH" on your phone. Both should be somewhere on Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^^ You have to install "BSD Subsystem" and "SSH" on your phone. Both should be somewhere on Cydia.
    Thanks so much!!!

okay great so I have it up and running now how do I transfer the theme to the phone? I get the draggin part but what do I drag across? Also, once I figure what to drag, Where is it in my phone? Thanks!
    Last edited by 40ozBulldog; 2008-08-12 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Thanks so much!!!

okay great so I have it up and running now how do I transfer the theme to the phone? I get the draggin part but what do I drag across? Also, once I figure what to drag, Where is it in my phone? Thanks!
    If the theme name is "Realize," then you should have a folder called Realize somewhere on your computer.
    When you open WinSCP, get your iPhone's IP address, and connect. After you enter your root password, which is alpine, you should be connected. This is close to what it should look like:

Double click on Library, then scroll down, and double click on themes.

Drag your theme into that folder. If you go into Winterboard, you should see the theme you just dragged in.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Thanks

Yeah when I download one to the folder I made there are tons of different files. Do I drag them all??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Yeah when I download one to the folder I made there are tons of different files. Do I drag them all??
    Just drag the theme folder into /Library/Themes.

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS