Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speaker Suddenly Stopped Working. Plz Help

Default Speaker Suddenly Stopped Working. Plz Help
    My speaker jsut suddenly stopped working.
    I fell asleep las night and it was working because I remember hearing the distinct taps from when I text messaged. I woke up late because my alarm speaker wasn't going off. Instead, I just felt it rumbling I tried playing music,video, listening to my ringtone, and speakerphone from a regular all. All these gave me no sound. They work through the earbuds but not through the actual speaker. I tried unpluggingand plugging the earphones back in several times, like I've read from ous places, and still no luck. Please help me
    Anyhelp at all is appreciated.
    Thnk You

please help
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-01-31 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ouch that sux. same exact thing happened to me last week.

I dropped my phone in the snow in a parking lot. then left, came back, it got run over by the salt truck!!

everything worked fine, untill a few days to a week later, the speaker started acting up, sometimes working sometimes not, sounding funny. then the other day, nothing.

but if i play with different sounds, like selecting a ringtone, after a few tries it starts working fine, but then stops.

I wondering what can be done to fix the problem also!!

Please help

Often you just have to wait it out.
    Seems the speaker and vibrator sometimes decide to not work, but them come back to their senses.
    Make sure it's completely dry and not to shake it around too much.
    If it doesn't work after a few more days (try some more restarts,long power offs and full recharges too), you might try a restore to fix a software problem.

If all that fails, Apple is pretty good at replacing broken iPhones. =D

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Only my left side of the speakers work. I'm not sure why, but I don't want to take it back with all my hacks and have to get a 1.1.3 non jailbreaked phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    Only my left side of the speakers work. I'm not sure why, but I don't want to take it back with all my hacks and have to get a 1.1.3 non jailbreaked phone.
    i have the same issue, is this normal?? i just thought maybe the speaker is just louder on the left. if i cover the left speaker with my hand i have just a little bit of sound out of the right speaker. im assuming its a hardware problem or something to do with the speaker port.

im in australia so i cant really do much about it.

khil

Only the left side is the speaker. The right side is a microphone to pick up your voice during speaker phone.

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    My speaker jsut suddenly stopped working.
    I fell asleep las night and it was working because I remember hearing the distinct taps from when I text messaged. I woke up late because my alarm speaker wasn't going off. Instead, I just felt it rumbling I tried playing music,video, listening to my ringtone, and speakerphone from a regular all. All these gave me no sound. They work through the earbuds but not through the actual speaker. I tried unpluggingand plugging the earphones back in several times, like I've read from ous places, and still no luck. Please help me
    Anyhelp at all is appreciated.
    Thnk You

please help
    did you update to 1.1.3 via DevTeam?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Often you just have to wait it out.
    Seems the speaker and vibrator sometimes decide to not work, but them come back to their senses.
    Make sure it's completely dry and not to shake it around too much.
    If it doesn't work after a few more days (try some more restarts,long power offs and full recharges too), you might try a restore to fix a software problem.

If all that fails, Apple is pretty good at replacing broken iPhones. =D
    If I completely restore my phone to factory settings. Would hey be able to tell I unlocked it. And would they replace it for free?

Any ideas yet?

Started happening to me a while ago! After updating to 1.1.3 Ziphone method!
    Anyway, the first time i did it i just reset all the settings, and turned the phone on and off. Happened again about 10 minutes later. Done the same thing, reset. Fixed again. I'm pretty sure it happened when i installed something off installer. So try and uninstall one program at a time resetting in between each one. I know its a ******** and long method but it got my phones sound back.

I've tried completely restoring the iphone then re-jailbreaking/unlocking. but I've had no luck.
    Any more ideas?

I too have this issue......it has been three days and no luck with inserting earphones in repeatedly..........even upgraded 3 times now and no luck.....if i hit the volume button it says adjust earphones volume even though they are not plugged in...........