Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Completely Hopeless? Bricked iPhone.

Default Completely Hopeless? Bricked iPhone.
    I need some help with a possibly hopeless case. I had a 1.1.1 unlocked iphone. Everything was great. My younger brother accidently done a "hard" upgrade to 1.1.3. I tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 and get iTunes error (1015). So i downgraded to 1.0.2 using iBrickr. I am at the activation screen but when i click "Free my iPhone" on iBricker the screen flashes blue for a second then goes into scrolling white text, NOT the good scrolling white text which finishes with "Goodbye!" but a bad one haha which from what i can see says something about kernal continuation. The iphone continues to do this over and over. When i restored from this i attempted to use AppTapp but it hangs when trying to boot the iphone from recovery mode. wINstaller also will not work to activate my phone. I have tried all these processes over and over and i am getting nowhere so basically i cannot activate my iphone. I only have access to a windows pc. Help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance.

Try following these steps here;
    http://iphone.unlock.no/

hope that helps

Thanks for the reply, but theres nothing on there i can do

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

can u get to the blank screen DFU, not the connect to itunes screen?

hold down sleep and home buttons for 10 secs, with ur phone plugged in
    let go of sleep, continue pressing home
    ur phone should show up in itunes, but the screen will be black
    now try restoring to 1.1.3

good luck
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

i can do this, but if i restore to 1.1.3 can i jailbreak my phone from there? I'm not aware of a method to this this, and i cant downgrade effectively to 1.1.1 and can't activate 1.0.2 for reasons i do not know

Quote Originally Posted by Whelan View Post
    i can do this, but if i restore to 1.1.3 can i jailbreak my phone from there? I'm not aware of a method to this this, and i cant downgrade effectively to 1.1.1 and can't activate 1.0.2 for reasons i do not know
    well actually if u have an actuall att plan for the iphone you can restore to 1.1.3 then downgrade and get your 1.1.3 jailbreaked and working with all your features you can follow directions here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whelan View Post
    u can downgrade it just requires more effort. Put ur phone in the blank screen DFU mode
    then shift restore to 1.1.1 do this 2x
    boot it out of recovery mode with ur favorite tool
    then use the call waiting trick to access jailbreakme.com from 1.1.1
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

what would you recommend to boot my phone from 1.1.1 recovery? jailbreak.jar not working for it. I just need a way to activate 1.0.2! You think iNdependence on mac is worth a shot if i can can access to one? Does it use a different method to bypass activation?
    Last edited by Whelan; 2008-01-31 at 06:46 AM.

can someone please help me?

Have you tried the 'shift' method to restore your 1.1.1 version?

I have yeah, but the thing is i can boot from recovery, then i cant type in the www.jailbreakme.com because there is a dead strip at the bottom of the screen. I can fix this by changing my general.plist file but i cant access it until the phone is activated, which is the reason i need to activate 1.0.2 I cant understand why it wont work!!