Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone WIFI Annoyance >.<"

Unhappy iPhone WIFI Annoyance >.<"
    Evening All,

I was wondering if some kind person would be able to help me with my wifi problems.

The long and short of it is, I'm using 128bit WEP encryption on my Linksys router along with MAC address filtering. With WEP off, the iPhone connects with no problems. However, with WEP on, I keep getting the 'Incorrect Password' error.

I've tried every different method to enter the hex key; uppercase, lowercase, with the '$' at the beginning. One thing thats annoying me is people keep referencing 'a little arrow' next to the 'Enter Password' text at the top of the screen to change to hex/ascii....I have no such arrow I'm using a 1.1.2 OTB JailBroken if that makes any difference.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Freakish_05

Try changing your wifi security to WPA, its more secure anyhow...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakish_05 View Post
    Evening All,

I've tried every different method to enter the hex key; uppercase, lowercase, with the '$' at the beginning. One thing thats annoying me is people keep referencing 'a little arrow' next to the 'Enter Password' text at the top of the screen to change to hex/ascii....I have no such arrow I'm using a 1.1.2 OTB JailBroken if that makes any difference.
    If you're using 128Bit encryption, is your password precisely 26 characters long? (HEX) or 13 characters long? (ASCII). Is your router set up as Open System or Shared Key? It doesn't matter what your iPhone is set to as long as the password matches what is stored in your router.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.