Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Music/Videos Gone: 5.48GB of "Other"

  1. #1
    Default Music/Videos Gone: 5.48GB of "Other"
    So before I went to bed last night, I docked my iPhone to charge overnight. When I got up this morning, I went to listen to some music on it and found that there weren't any songs or videos on it anymore. I connected it to iTunes and it now says that I have 5.48GB of "Other" and 873MB of Photos. That "Other" is obviously my music and videos (along with other things I'm sure). Well, I thought perhaps resyncing it would fix it... nope. It tells me that there's not enough room. I tried doing a hard reset and that doesn't help either.

    Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix it? I'm currently running 1.1.1 and am planning on upgrading to 1.1.3 soon, but would still like to figure out what is wrong...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  2. #2
    lol had the same thing... i installed bosstools or boss prefs (think it was bosstools but dont kill me if it wasnt :P)

    then u press ipod wipe or ipod swipe or sumin ipod...

    doesnt do anythin cept for deleting ur songs and movies etc...
    after that u just sync it again

    lol had the same thing... i installed bosstools or boss prefs (think it was bosstools but dont kill me if it wasnt :P)

    then u press ipod wipe or ipod swipe or sumin ipod...

    doesnt do anythin cept for deleting ur songs and movies etc...
    after that u just sync it again

    bosstools > ipod wipe
    Last edited by luiz; 2008-01-30 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Check your Media folder. Your music/videos are stored in iTunes_Control. If this folder has been renamed, your data will show up as "other".
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turlock, California
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    that happened to me but what happened was that the itines_file was renamed, i just renamed again i worked...
    just like Eurisko said...

    that happened to me but what happened was that the itines_file was renamed, i just renamed again i worked...
    just like Eurisko said...
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

    1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turlock, California
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    that happened to me but what happened was that the itines_file was renamed, i just renamed again i worked...
    just like Eurisko said...

    that happened to me but what happened was that the itines_file was renamed, i just renamed again i worked...
    just like Eurisko said...
    Last edited by Tavillo; 2008-01-31 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

    1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

  6. #6
    thanks for all the responses and ideas for me... however a couple things changed this afternoon after posting all this. my iphone was acting up so i restarted it... just to find that it wouldn't start up again. it completely froze on the loading (the apple logo) screen. after trying a few things, nothing would work so i had to restore. after restoring, i ended up taking the time to upgrade and jailbreak 1.1.3. hours later... i'm running a perfectly working jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. :-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  7. #7
    hi Guys,
    I have the same problem. After syncing with Itunes all my music and videos were gone. ITunes said, that my phone was already synced somewhere else?!? I enabled to sync music and video again and ITunes sayd I don't have enough free space to sync it all. I have 3.5 GB of other on my phone(The old music and videos). I looked in mobile finder and iTunes_Control is still there. Also I tried the IPod Wiper in Boss Tools, but nothing happened. Even the new synced music stays there... I would be very happy, if I could delete the old media, that hangs in there somewhere, but I don't know where? Syncing works again, but I need the used space.

    Any help is highly appreciated!

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    thanks for all the responses and ideas for me... however a couple things changed this afternoon after posting all this. my iphone was acting up so i restarted it... just to find that it wouldn't start up again. it completely froze on the loading (the apple logo) screen. after trying a few things, nothing would work so i had to restore. after restoring, i ended up taking the time to upgrade and jailbreak 1.1.3. hours later... i'm running a perfectly working jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. :-)
    I've noted that anything from Boss (Bossprefs, Bosstools, categories) can screw your system up royally. Stay away from them all.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  9. #9
    I have a similar thread myself.. I'm at the point of frustration with this & debating on getting another phone LOL

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    I have a similar thread myself.. I'm at the point of frustration with this & debating on getting another phone LOL
    It's not your phone, its bad programmers having an adverse effect on your phone. If you want to prove it to your self, run it without any mods for a week.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It's not your phone, its bad programmers having an adverse effect on your phone. If you want to prove it to your self, run it without any mods for a week.
    Well I decided on cleaning out my iPhone completely.. everything looks good to go again.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    So before I went to bed last night, I docked my iPhone to charge overnight. When I got up this morning, I went to listen to some music on it and found that there weren't any songs or videos on it anymore. I connected it to iTunes and it now says that I have 5.48GB of "Other" and 873MB of Photos. That "Other" is obviously my music and videos (along with other things I'm sure).
    Funny, well not funny. I had the same problem last night. I had to re-sync all music and videos.

    Can this be traced back to one errant program of app?

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    Funny, well not funny. I had the same problem last night. I had to re-sync all music and videos.

    Can this be traced back to one errant program of app?
    Mostly likely BossTools
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  14. #14
    hi again,
    I found a solution, that worked fine for me. Try using syncfix. You can get it from the source: installer.iclarified.com

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    My Itunes_Control folder hasnt been renamed. Or anything like that, I am running on 2.1 quick pwn, I stuck with the same problem

    EDIT: I couldnt be arsed to wait for an answer, Restored the phone. Re Pwning it too
    Last edited by Teh H4RrY; 2008-11-11 at 06:08 PM.

    Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

  16. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    My Itunes_Control folder hasnt been renamed. Or anything like that, I am running on 2.1 quick pwn, I stuck with the same problem

    EDIT: I couldnt be arsed to wait for an answer, Restored the phone. Re Pwning it too
    I think you could of just re-sync'd the music and if it didn't replace the current music on the iphone then you'd just erease the corresponding folders inside iTunes control. I just got the same situation since yesterday and am either going to wait for that syncfix for Cydia packaging or just try the method above.

  17. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_lock View Post
    I think you could of just re-sync'd the music and if it didn't replace the current music on the iphone then you'd just erease the corresponding folders inside iTunes control. I just got the same situation since yesterday and am either going to wait for that syncfix for Cydia packaging or just try the method above.
    What I did, Went into SSH deleted the "Itunes_control" folder. Plugged in phone into itunes. Came up and said to set up as a new phone. I ran a quick backup before hand, it restored, didnt reinstall the firmware just updated the ipod side of the iphone. All my cracked apps still work. Cydia works. Huuzaah....AND my music and videos are back

    Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    I have a similar thread myself.. I'm at the point of frustration with this & debating on getting another phone LOL
    You can't blame the phone when you do all sorts of things to it that you're not really supposed to do. The phone itself works fine, it's just that you're making it do things it's not designed for.

    Jailbreaking gives you extra features, and that's great, but you have to ask yourself whether it's worth having to wipe everything and restore and rejailbreak and resync because some developer missed a line in his jailbroken app :P

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •