Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts again need help

Default Contacts again need help
    ok so here is what i need to do. i want to sync my iphone with my contacts on my computer. I created new groups and inputted more contacts in existing groups in my address book. I then synced my iphone and the new contacts and groups are on my iphone. I did not back up the address book on my mac and after i synced somehow the address gliched and erased all my contacts. I had a back up of address book but not after the new additions. so i only have the new info on my iphone.

is it possible to sync and the contacts and groups on my iphone now can transfer to the address book or will it delete the new inputted groups and contacts on my iphone by putting the old address book on it.

do you see what i mean?

i dont want to lose the newly inputted contacts but i want it to update the address book with them.

please help.

maybe this will explain it better.....

if i change a phone number on an existing contact on my iphone and then sync will the edited new number be synced to the address book or will the old number that exists in the address book overwrite the newly edited number on my iphone?

thats the type of issue im dealing with. i dont want my new contacts to be wiped out by syncing with a older reverted back up of the address book.
    Last edited by jkgnyc; 2008-08-11 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just merge data and it will pop up asking you which one you want to overwrite.

how? iam not familiar with that