Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 1.1.3 yesterday, but now I have to restore??

Default Upgraded to 1.1.3 yesterday, but now I have to restore??
    Okay, yesterday I successfully upgraded to 1.1.3 and have been using it fine without any problems.

Tonight I went into Installer and it kept crashing. No worries, I figured I'd shut the phone off and turn it back on. After I did that, it went into a weird state in which I'd get that pop up message about the "jiggly" icons and moving them around. After pressing home or any of the icons, it would restart and then repeat itself.

I gave it another shut down and start up and it told me I needed to plug it into iTunes. Once I did that, it told me my phone wasn't recognized and I needed to restore it to factory settings.

Dang it, that's kinda annoying, but I guess it's gotta be done.

So before I go ahead and do this, what would be the proper way to get my phone back into working order? Start from 1.0.2 again and work myself back to 1.1.3? Or am I able to save a bit of time and skip a step or two?

Is there anything I should *NOT* do? I've been following the tutorials so far and haven't had any problems whatsoever until now.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I managed to just go back down to 1.1.1 and go from there. If you reset the phone at anytime with 1.1.3 it seems to crash. Very annoying. Might go back to 1.1.2.

Anytime the thing freezes up or something, you either have to have a computer around to boot it or restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doogee For This Useful Post:

sienarot (2008-01-31)

Before u restored , Just to let u Know That happens to every 1.1.3 jailbreak iphone. iF u do a sleep/wake and Home shutdown , i will tell u to connect to itunes. Connect ur phone to itunes press ok to the message , shut off ur phone (while connected to itunes). Turn ur phone on , press ok to the itunes message , quit itunes (leave ur phone connected ) open independence (mac) or ibrick for windows to kick out of recovery.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dnoc For This Useful Post:

sienarot (2008-01-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got back to 1.1.2 from 1.1.3 failure using this link, i'm sure there is other ways.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...+FOR+EMERGENCY

Then I used Nates JB method to get me back to 1.1.3 & have not had any problems thus far. May just have to use the BossTool to move Applications & stuff to the bigger drive.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i used ibrick to go back to 1.0.2.. and then i upgraded

i redid my phone yesterday and this is what i did.

1. restore the phone to 1.1.1 (but you'll stll be on 1.1.2 baseband, so it'll ask you to plug it into the itunes and itunes will tell you it doesn't recognize it or something)
    2. plug the phone into ibrikr and click boot the phone. once it boots jailbreak it using the contacts thing
    3. then add "http://i.unlock.no" into your repository...
    4. install BSD file system and the virginizer pack found in the unlocking tools section
    5. run the virginizer (this brings you back to the 1.0.2 baseband)
    6. after the virginizer is done restore it again to 1.1.1
    7. unlock/jailbreak 1.1.1
    8. upgrade to 1.1.2
    9. unlock/jailbreak 1.1.2
    10. update to 1.1.3

and you're done

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xtasy127 For This Useful Post:

sienarot (2008-01-31)

Thanks for the help guys!

I did restore back and worked my way up to 1.1.1, however after that going up to 1.1.2 gave me problems:

After installing OktoPrep and upgrading to 1.1.2, I ran the Jailbreak.jar file. It went fine up until the part when it was supposed to reboot a couple times. Instead of doing that, it rebooted once, then showed the screen with the iPod sync cable (indicating recovery mode). I tried the hard reset a couple times, no dice. I ended up getting it out of that mode by using iBrickr.

So after I got back into the phone with iBrickr, I installed AnySim and ran it. It only got up to the part "Copying Firmware" before freezing up. Atleast I think that was the part. It was only a few seconds in before freezing up.

I'd let it sit for a while and there'd be no progression, so I'd restart it. Each time I restart it, it would only load up until the Apple logo before freezing again.

In the end, I just upgraded it up until 1.1.1 and left it at that. I'm fine with that, but I would've atleast like to have it up until 1.1.2 so my text messages have the correct timestamp.

Any ideas? I've re-done the 1.1.1 upgrade so many times now, it's routine!

Thanks again everyone. You've been super helpful!
    Last edited by sienarot; 2008-01-31 at 08:06 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

sienarot:

the same thing happened to me. I just kept restoring. i went all the way down to 1.0.2 and upgraded all the way to 1.1.3

I know what you mean with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. I'd try going down to 1.0.2 and starting from scratch

Worked for me.