Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Helpp. I need a trustworthy US Friend

Default Helpp. I need a trustworthy US Friend
    Well, First things first, I bought an American Iphone off of the internet and it arrived today, It is brand new (not even activated yet, and The bottom part of the touch screen does not work, I have tried restoring the phone using Itunes but to no avail.
    I Am Located in the UK but I bought an American Iphone 'cause it was cheap.

The Problem with my Phone is Obviously a manufacturing error and so t should be covered by the warranty. Ive been told on the Apple forums and By A rep in the apple store here in the UK that I have to get it fixed or replaced in the US, so im looking for someone trustworthy enough to send it to in the US. Anyone wanna help me? I really would appreciate it, and I'd obviously cover all costs incurred.

Thanks.

brohter i am ready to help you. i am here in new york.

Thanks for the offer but I was hoping for someone with more posts, I'll hold out and see who else offers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wouldn't mind helping, but I am not on AT&T
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Doesn't matter about AT&T, I just need you to go into an apple store. Accordign to the support section of the Apple site its a Manufacturing problem and therefore Apple are Liable

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

I can help you, my friend had a similar problem and had it resolved with a phone replacement. He's lucky he didnt start modding it yet :P otherwise they would have given him some trouble. I live in Brooklyn, New York.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-01-30 at 06:07 AM.

lol just becareful ok, no matter how trustworthy they sound, they still stranger to you

no offense

Send me a PM
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-01-30 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLBOT View Post
    Well, First things first, I bought an American Iphone off of the internet and it arrived today, It is brand new (not even activated yet, and The bottom part of the touch screen does not work, I have tried restoring the phone using Itunes but to no avail.
    I Am Located in the UK but I bought an American Iphone 'cause it was cheap.

The Problem with my Phone is Obviously a manufacturing error and so t should be covered by the warranty. Ive been told on the Apple forums and By A rep in the apple store here in the UK that I have to get it fixed or replaced in the US, so im looking for someone trustworthy enough to send it to in the US. Anyone wanna help me? I really would appreciate it, and I'd obviously cover all costs incurred.

Thanks.
    I'm in the US and have the same problem, though my phone had been unlocked. I managed to virginize it and took it to the Genius bar at Apple. They said no problem, but they can't help until I officially activate it, which of course means a two-year contract. I'm afraid the same thing would happen with yours. But, I am willing to help if I can. Bruce

Oops, bet you wished you had have purchased in the UK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about all us bunnies who bought it on ebay etc. we're TOTALLY stuffed if it breaks!

we have no recipt they will take, no warrenty because they're all jailbroken (i guess revirginising is there but...) and we shouldn't be able to get them i.e. no phone plan, so i dont see them helping us...

good luck with your repairs too Dillbot
    Last edited by Raptor; 2008-01-30 at 11:02 AM. Reason: adding words

Yeahh I wish I'd have bought it in the UK but the exchange rate is just too good to pass up.