Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making the Switch iPhone to...

Exclamation Making the Switch iPhone to...
    Hey guys,
    I recently lost my beloved iPhone to a watery grave The iPhone was everything for me, had every feature I wanted and more.

Well now the time has come to buy a new phone but being an original iPhone fanboy I am a bit apprehensive of buying the new iPhone 3G.I have a few questions rolled out and I'm wondering if someone could help me out.

Is the iPhone 3G unlockable and jail breakable ect..?

If I unlock the iPhone 3G, then use a pay as you go sim card can I still access the 3G networkIf not, not much point in me buying one

Are there Apps being developed? I had a video camera app on my iPhone which was pretty cool

Can anyone give me some pros and cons of the iPhone 3g?
    Thanks
    Adam

The 3g can be jailbroken, just not unlocked. There are methods to make it work (through SIM card manipulation of some sort, can't remember), there is a video on it if you want to look it up, it's just in Portuguese.
    Most apps that were for 1.1.4 and previous are in development, I think the video camera one is, it will just take some time (some in the coming weeks, others in the coming months). If you want to keep using those great apps on a good device, then by all means, get the new iPhone! If you can find a 2g iPhone on the internet that you'd want, you could get an old one from there.

i have a 3g that jailbroken but not unlocked. i still think my 1st gen jailbroken iphone was better than my 3g.

Cons of 3g
    shorter battery life- iv never had a phone die in one day before.
    buggy as funk- 2.0 is pretty slow and i have crashes once a day.
    waiting for jailbreak apps- after seeing what is available on the app store, it makes me want my old apps even more.

Ahh bugger I know there is development potential on the 3G iPhone though, I would like my apps straight away. I think I might wait till the 3G is a bit more developed then... Hmm anyone else got any more helpful advice cheers
    Adam